Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

medical card doctor

Options
  • 04-01-2012 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Can I only use my medical card with the doctor who signed my application form?
    There are days of the week when he is located in a diffent part of the area ? (and what about Sundays?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

You should be able to see other doctors that sit at his surgery and use the out of hours service too

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭geordief

thanks but what if the surgery is shut on that day?
    And what is the after hours service? Is that limited to large city/town areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

GP Out of Hours Services

This service operates for people who need to access a GP outside their own GP opening hours. Services usually operate from 6pm – 10pm Monday - Friday and 10am to 6pm at the weekends.

Check here to see if your area has out of hours service

http://hse.ie/eng/services/Find_a_Service/OutofHours/#GPOutofHoursServices

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

If surgery is you you use the out of hours service balagan posted above. You can use your medical card in the public hospitals too.

Advertisement