Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Child benefit after 18??

Options
  • 04-01-2012 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

i just turned 18 and I'm still attending secondary school.As far I know I won't get any child benefit.Am I entitled to any form of benefits?I still leave my parents.

My parents are on social welfare ,will they get an increase in social welfare because I'm still living with them?
    If yes,how much will they get extra per month?
    Thanks everybody for the help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

Your family may be entitled to Family Income Supplement while you remain in full time education until you turn 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

In a word no, no additional benefits.

If your parents are claiming a SW payment they may get a dependent rate for you with their payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 champi0n

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    In a word no.

If your parents are claiming a SW payment they may get a dependent rate for you with their payment.

How much is a child dependent allowance per month?

On internet I can only find €22.I'm not sure if this is per week or month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Increase for a qualified child
    Maximum rate €29.80 per week

Child dependants
    A 'child dependant' is usually a child up to 18 years of age who lives with you.

If you are getting a Jobseeker’s Allowance for at least 156 days and your child is in full-time education, an Increase for a Qualified Child (IQC) will be paid up to 22 years of age or up to the end of the academic year in which he or she reaches 22.

You will only get a half-rate Increase for a Qualified Child if you and your spouse/civil partner/cohabitant are each getting a social welfare payment. You will each get half the Increase for a Qualified Child.
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/unemployed_people/jobseekers_allowance.html

Advertisement