Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to get a girl friend

Options
  • 29-07-2014 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

hi well em im looking for the best place to find a nice girl friend. though the best people to ask would be women ..... im 18 and never even kissed a girl :/ thought i would have do it long b4 now ......... im ok looking people say im good looking but i duno . im in no way shy ...... kind hard to take seriously because im all ways taking the piss out of every one i meet the lads i hang around with say im unreal crak ......... but any way best option to find a nice gf yeah thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Mod

Hi OP,
    I am going to move this thread to the Relationship Issues forum, I think you'll get better advice there.

Sauve.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Maybe the lad persona puts girls off, I know I always found lads like that intimidating when I was your age. Do you have any female friends? Would ask them for an opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

jhon boy wrote: »
    hi well em im looking for the best place to find a nice girl friend. though the best people to ask would be women ..... im 18 and never even kissed a girl :/ thought i would have do it long b4 now ......... im ok looking people say im good looking but i duno . im in no way shy ...... kind hard to take seriously because im all ways taking the piss out of every one i meet the lads i hang around with say im unreal crak ......... but any way best option to find a nice gf yeah thanks

Hey Jhon Boy,

First off-never been kissed-youd be surprised how many people out there your age havent. I was in my first year of college when I got mine, as was one of my closest friends from home and as it turned out, MANY other people in my course were in the same situation-there are still some who are yet to cross that barrier. Seriously, dont worry about that and put it out of your head, you can walk into any club give some beour the eyes and ehhhhhhh presto, it'll find you when you least expect it. Secondly-you think you want a gf but trust me you dont :P We're hassle and dramatics, youre 18, enjoy the young and single life, dont be tied down to some woman. (Why do you want a gf anyways?)

If youre really serious tho about finding a gf tho, dont go out looking for it. Go out and get friendly with some girls, but dont go out with the sole intention of getting a girlfriend. Go to a pub with some friends, talk to some girls, if you get on with one get her number or something......but going into a pub with the intention that tonight I going to get a gf wont work, youre putting yourself under pressure and it almost like you have an ulterior motive or something. Just take things as they go. Let things happen naturally. :D

Making your goal "getting a girlfriend" is not really the best approach. Partly because people can smell an agenda a mile away.

Involve yourself in the real world - expand your social circle and social pursuits - improve yourself physically, emotionally, intellectually, and good grief linguistically :) - and make bettering yourself and the world around you your daily goal.

You will find that "getting a girlfriend" will be something that happens along this journey. Relationships are events along our life path - not the destination of the life path.

My own example of this is how I loved live music a lot. So I started going on forums and websites for the bands and singers I liked. I would organise "pre gig meet up drinks" for the fans. I would name a time - a place - and a method for identifying the group (usually with something comical put in the middle of the table that they could spot).

Through doing this I met lots of new people - some remaining friends until this day - and I almost met the two girls that are my girlfriends - live with me - and we are building a life together.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Closing as OP has opened a new thread in PI. OP per our charter please don't open more than one thread in quick succession - we normally close ALL of them.

Thanks
    Taltos

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement