Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clingy girlfriend

• 26-07-2014 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So just looking for a bit of advice ..

I have been with my girlfriend for 1.5 years and due to my job I am away from her during the week and only see her at weekends (Friday night to Monday morning) we do share a house though.

At the weekends I like to see her and my friends but unless it is just me and her she gets really pissed off with me and basically starts moaning etc, I don't think it is unreasonable to see both my friends and her (many of the friends are mutual so she is not excluded at all).

Also when we go out say for dinner and it is just us she wants me sitting right beside her (and not opposite her) which annoys me! I want to sit directly opposite her and not have a pain in my neck from having to spend the night with my neck constantly turned left or right!

She seems to want me touching her constantly and if I dont have a hand on her or my arm around her she is not happy. Oh and every single text / email whatever has to have at least one X in it or she thinks something is wrong or gets upset!

Just don't know what to do :( so unhappy lately!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Nozzer

I'm female and would find that impossible to deal with if it was the other way around! The kiss at the end of every message is madness, like most people just put one if they're saying goodnight or whatever. What age are ye? Have you ever told her how you feel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

She fits into the catagory of 'head wrecker'.
    Get out while you can lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Touching etc is headwrecking but if you never meet alone it's rather strange indeed. So any one on one time you have is in your room and nowhere else? I'd be bored to death! Perhaps you're just not ready to have a steady girlfriend if you prefer to spend your free time with friends instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

Have you tried talking to her? If so, what did she have to say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Has she always been this way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭mrty

So just looking for a bit of advice ..

I have been with my girlfriend for 1.5 years and due to my job I am away from her during the week and only see her at weekends (Friday night to Monday morning) we do share a house though.

At the weekends I like to see her and my friends but unless it is just me and her she gets really pissed off with me and basically starts moaning etc, I don't think it is unreasonable to see both my friends and her (many of the friends are mutual so she is not excluded at all).

Also when we go out say for dinner and it is just us she wants me sitting right beside her (and not opposite her) which annoys me! I want to sit directly opposite her and not have a pain in my neck from having to spend the night with my neck constantly turned left or right!

She seems to want me touching her constantly and if I dont have a hand on her or my arm around her she is not happy. Oh and every single text / email whatever has to have at least one X in it or she thinks something is wrong or gets upset!

Just don't know what to do :( so unhappy lately!

Just tell her man because you're correct that is unreasonable. There's three evenings at weekend including friday, so if she spends one with you and your friends she still gets to see you for the three. She obviously loves you very much also so be gentle, your a lucky guy. On a personal note I used to get that sit beside me eating out also. Very annoying :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭DukeOfTheSharp

She seems to be extremely awkward, and angered without reason when she isn't the center of your universe. If you took her out constantly to be with your friends, that'd be a different story, but you're giving her time so there shouldn't be an issue. No couple I know sits beside each other during a meal, as for the 'x' thing, that's sort of a middle-meeting place, if it's just one then it's not a big enough deal for you not to do, but her reaction to it isn't exactly healthy either - there's history there. You seriously need to talk to her, but be mindful that the main issues you should be discussing are the completely unreasonable ones, namely: you splitting your weekend between her and friends, the meal situation, and the physical intimacy thing. If she needs constant validation of your affections, then that's her issue she needs to work through. It seems like you've got a lot of problems with her actions, and bottling them up won't help you. Keep as calm as you can and get your thoughts into words in a way that completely conveys how you're feeling, and things should move forward from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭mylefttesticle

Err ok she is your gf and obviously she is affectionate and she does not see you all week and probably wants your attention, is she more into you than you are to her? is this only a problem since you only see her at weekends? or was it like this before? I honestly hate clingy, too full on partners but honestly what you described just seems to be a gf who doesn't see her bf all week and wants to keep the intimacy going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭IHeartShoes

Sounds like she is alot more affectionate and tactile than you is all. I would say to have a word and tell her that its too much but if it were me, I would be questioning why it took you a year and a half to say something.

Maybe its just that she is more into you than you are her and you should consider moving on? If thats not the case, then compromise - pick your battles - sticking an X on the end of a text isn't going to kill you or sitting beside her in a restaurant but equally she could give way on some of her 'demands'...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Do you spend alone time together?

And sitting in front of the tv doesn't count. And big gestures don't count either in my view.

Do you have regular, out of home, romantic and fun dates?

Or is the fun times kept for friends?

What's wrong with being more affectionate in your texts - giving an x doesn't seem like a problem for you apart from giving in on a point to your girlfriend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

I'd dump her for this alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

She's obviously very affectionate but maybe a little immature?

Your only real option is to talk to her. Face to face talking, not side by side.

Advertisement