Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Definite title contenders this year I would say, especially if they strengthen during the summer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Desire. wrote: »
    Definite title contenders this year I would say, especially if they strengthen during the summer.

Too many individuals:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

In before Xavi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It'll be a very interesting season for Manchester City. Even as a Sunderland fan I'm excited to see who you bring in this summer. I have a feeling there'll be some serious players on the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

Cannot wait for the Season Kick-off!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Fingers crossed we see a new television series entitled "The misadventures of Mario Balotelli" at some point!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Amusing story about Barca offering Villa to City (or Chelsea) for 40 million, in the Mirror I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Anybody a little surprised at how quiet city have been in the transfer market so far??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Anybody a little surprised at how quiet city have been in the transfer market so far??

Ye I think it's been suprising everyone!

IMO though, once Tevez commits/doesn't then we will see things move... You get that feeling that once one deal goes through for City it'll be like a domino effect and we'll probably do all our business in the space of a week!

I think it's fairly certain that big things will happen.... Big... Expensive... things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

as with all the big clubs, but especially ones who like to get their wallet out (US), there will always be a big list of rumours.

We do have a pretty impressive one here, and its as good a team as many in the league now!

Im going to be pretty sceptical for a lot of the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Anyone planning on goin to the Super Cup?

much as id love to, ill be away for the weekend. which is a pity, id be up for seeing all the games there really. Inter V City could be a great!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Gillington wrote: »
    Anyone planning on goin to the Super Cup?

Ye I reckon I will... Myself and my dad try get to a few matches every year, and we always go see them when they play in Ireland.

First game I ever seen live actually was Man City vs Cork City in Cork, I was around 5! 2-0 win :cool:

It has been quiet alright which I dont mind really,preferably I'd like Mancini to get rid of the fringe players like Roque,Jo etc before we start buying.

David Gonzalez to go out on loan again,hopefully to Aberdeen,never seen him play but he seems to be in high regard

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6999118,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

yes, but only a little. Taking their time, what type of player is most needed? that's the question. i don't think there will be huge amount of signings, could be wrong.

A few rumours this week that we're after Aly Cissokho from Lyon,after Kolarov's indifferent season.Kolarov is apparently loved around the club though so could cause a few upsets if he is moved on.

Also we have pulled out of the Premier Reserve league to concentrate on our youngsters competing in the Nextgen series,good idea in the long run but I think that this will mean we'd probably get rid of more players,seeing as they cant even play reserve matches? I'm talking the Roque's etc who'd be too old for this

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2011/June/Manchester-City-to-play-Barcelona-in-new-European-elite-competition

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Not sure I like that to be honest, would need to see a better pic. However, the away one is awesome so all would be forgiven!

Thats a bit gack alright,but as you say the away ones a beaut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Tumbleweed.jpg

Not much happening from Man City so far this summer lads? :pac:

Anyone got any rumours of players ye're in for or any news on whats happening with Tevez??

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

gavredking wrote: »
    Tumbleweed.jpg

Not much happening from Man City so far this summer lads? :pac:

Anyone got any rumours of players ye're in for or any news on whats happening with Tevez??

Honestly, I'm not sweating it and I'm trying to avoid the rumour mill until August, or July at a pinch, depending when withdrawal truly sets in.

I don't think we need much in fairness, I know we are after a few players but time will tell, tis early days yet.

gavredking wrote: »

well, weve been "linked" with almost every foreign player whos had anything said about them.

And Tevez is NOT going to Milan. or Inter, I cant remember which. Though god knows if he might be going to spain yet.

Apparently Inter said Carlos's 150k a week was too much.

They woulda got a heart attack if they were after Yaya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well imo this is the signing of the season. Its not on the field but this man is brilliant, a master of keeping a club within spending limits as he did as Chairman of Blackburn Rovers for many years.
    MANCHESTER City have confirmed that former Blackburn Rovers chairman John Williams has joined the club's staff.
    Williams, who left Rovers in February after a 14-year spell at Ewood, joins the football operations department at the City of Manchester City stadium.
    He will work closely with the football administration officer Brian Marwood and will start work on July 1.
    City's chief executive Garry Cook said: "John Williams is a hugely respected figure in the football world and I admire him greatly.
    "Unsurprisingly, a number of organisations were keen to work with him and I was therefore delighted when he accepted my offer to join us."
    http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9106100.John_Williams_joins_Manchester_City/?ref=rss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

MCFC Manchester City FC
    Please take a moment to remember popular midfielder Marc-Vivien Foe, who died on 26 June 2003 aged just 28.

Eight years already. A sad day for football.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

RIP Mike Doyle

Just reported on SSN that City have pulled out of the Sanchez race, Mancini was talking on sky news italia confirmed they will not be signing the winger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Just reported on SSN that City have pulled out of the Sanchez race, Mancini was talking on sky news italia confirmed they will not be signing the winger.

From Twitter:
    #Barcelona agree €26million deal + €11M add-ons for Alexis Sanchez with Udinese.

• Advertisement

Would have liked Sanchez,shame we pulled out but it has always seemed he wanted to head to Barca which is understandable.

SWP linked with Bolton,albeit by another Bolton player but I'd like to see him go somewhere get regular football

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_7009016,00.html

Also looks like that Adebayor could be around longer then anticipated,sounding like he'll only move back to Real, who dont wanna stump up the asking price

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement