Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses missing from NJP

Options
  • 15-07-2013 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭

Ok, I thought I was imagining things before, but the Aircoach Belfast-Dublin service seems to be missing.

Also, Nitelinks seem to be missing.

Or am I missing something (again)?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Ok, I see what's happening now.

I want to depart around midnight from Belfast and travel to Lucan on a Saturday night. The planner does not suggest the 00.30 departure and the 03.00 Nitelink.

It actually makes really idiotic suggestions too. Busarus to Westmoreland St using Luas Red Line and the number 40 DB bus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

n97 mini wrote: »

It actually makes really idiotic suggestions too. Busarus to Westmoreland St using Luas Red Line and the number 40 DB bus!

I entered Gorey to Skerries and it told me to take the bus to Busaras to connect with the bus to Monaghan and then take a taxi from Monaghan to Skerries :eek:
    Moreover, the taxi ride from Monaghan to Skerries was estimated at 15 mins :D

It would appear there is a Skerries in Armagh too!

It would appear there is a Skerries in Armagh too!

Really/ You'd think the app would give it as a multiple choice then, otherwise God help any tourist going to Newcastle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Polar101

I tried The Point to Connolly Station earlier (assuming I'd get a Luas timetable) - but the suggestion was to take a bus to Drogheda, and then a bus from Drogheda to Busaras.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,556 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

bmaxi wrote: »
    Really/ You'd think the app would give it as a multiple choice then, otherwise God help any tourist going to Newcastle.

It does on the website and the app - you have to wait a number of seconds for the list of options to appear and Skerries (Dublin) will appear in the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Polar101 wrote: »
    I tried The Point to Connolly Station earlier (assuming I'd get a Luas timetable) - but the suggestion was to take a bus to Drogheda, and then a bus from Drogheda to Busaras.

For what time of day? 5am? :)

Taxi isn't a default setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,556 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Victor wrote: »

Taxi isn't a default setting.

I've just tried it for the various options that appear for the Point and it's giving the route via Drogheda if you select the option "Dublin (The Point), Dublin City".

All the other options for the Point will give you the bus or LUAS options.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Polar101

Victor wrote: »

Any time, really. If I try it now, it tells me to take a 100X towards Dundalk at 11:00, exit at Drogheda Bus Station and then take a 101 to Busaras - and then walk to Connolly.

The second option is 177 to Drogheda, then back to Busaras, Dublin bus route 53 to Connolly (?).

This is with the start point as 'Dublin (The Point), Dublin City', and destination as 'Connolly Station'.

• Advertisement

lxflyer wrote: »
    It does on the website and the app - you have to wait a number of seconds for the list of options to appear and Skerries (Dublin) will appear in the list.

Yes, I see that now. I'm amazed they would even include the Skerries in Armagh, Google Maps doesn't find it and it was on a genealogical site I eventually found it. Turns out it's a townland, not even a town or village. I wonder where they got their database from.

And it is the first Skerries on the list.

But then again the order on the list doesn't make a lot of sense a lot of the time. Type in Dublin and the 1st option you get is Dublin Road (Kilkenny) whereas just Dublin is 3rd on the list.

What had me even more confused was it said to take bus 33.

Advertisement