Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adamstown Station -- why is everything wet?

• 15-11-2012 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭

I used Adamstown Station for the first time yesterday. Twice.

The whole place inside, upstairs and downstairs, was soaking wet. Water running down the walls everywhere and pools of water on the floor, again both upstairs and down.

Also, why does it have 5 platforms? I understood the KRP was to allow intercity trains to pass through suburban stations. As Adamstown is a suburban station it only needed one up and one down platform.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Built with flexibility in mind - what if a train fails on the slow line? Would you be happy if your train sailed past then as a result of there not being a platform on the fast line?

Fifth platform was for turnback purposes. Built with DART Underground in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Did you report the water to anyone? Not much point in posting it here if you didn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Best report it to NAMA, they probably own it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Did you report the water to anyone? Not much point in posting it here if you didn't.

The station is staffed so I didn't feel the need to report it. There's no point in posting it on here other than to get an answer or a smart comment.

lxflyer wrote: »
    Built with flexibility in mind - what if a train fails on the slow line? Would you be happy if your train sailed past then as a result of there not being a platform on the fast line?
    I don't think 4 lines is excessive, I think 5 platforms and the station that goes with them is excessive. Especially as the service is sparse even compared to the Maynooth line, and under used -- the 12.05 ex Heuston to Kildare had 9 people on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭sligotrain

n97 mini wrote: »
    The station is staffed so I didn't feel the need to report it. There's no point in posting it on here other than to get an answer or a smart comment.

IE do take passenger comments seriously so even if the staff were present there's no harm in emailling them and it would take less time than the time you've spent posting about it here.

sligotrain wrote: »
    IE do take passenger comments seriously so even if the staff were present there's no harm in emailling them and it would take less time than the time you've spent posting about it here.

I've no doubt they do take comments seriously though my own experience shows the response time is potentially infinite. I only posted here out of my own curiosity. If I had to guess I would say the building is defective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭The Idyl Race

Well indeed.

I don't think 4 lines is excessive, I think 5 platforms and the station that goes with them is excessive. Especially as the service is sparse even compared to the Maynooth line, and under used -- the 12.05 ex Heuston to Kildare had 9 people on it.

To be fair, this is an off-peak service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Maybe it's just your hands that are wet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

As I said it and the other stations were built with DART underground in mind - they were built with a long term perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Not surprising it is underused considering the high price of tickets to kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Not surprising it is underused considering the high price of tickets to kildare.

Could be completely wrong here, but I'm guessing that Dublin Bus services are more popular in areas like Clondalkin and Adamstown simply due to the ability to go right into the city centre without a change (which the rail service does not offer). I'd imagine this could change if DART Underground ever came to fruition (big if).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭CIE

The electrification for "DART Underground" was supposed to go only as far as Hazelhatch. How would you be able to deal with the transfers from the Kildare line trains? And just imagine four-car DARTs running during rush hours on such a service now...

Advertisement