Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ News

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

Karsini wrote:
    Did anyone ever notice how TV3 always seem to overrun the news until about 6:02? I tend to think its an attempt to prevent people switching to RTÉ since they'll miss the first minute or two.

I've noticed that. Presumably, if people see the Six-One headline package (assuming it works) and see a story that interests them they'd be more likely to watch the programme, which TV3 are obviously trying to prevent. Although I think Six-One is starting about half a minute later than it should - could be related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

oh yeah, get everyone to watch Hollyoaks

anyone who watches that excuse for a news program has the correct IQ level to watch Hollyoaks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭superdudeman007

Hollyoaks is crap but at least it's only behind C4 by a day or 2.

RTE One are showing 5 year old episodes of the Bill between NUACHT and SIX ONE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I tend to watch RTE as little as possible tbh but caught the 6pm news last night. Christ what a joke. The presenters look so wooden when the other one is talking and it just looks so damm shoddy overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Hollyoaks is crap but at least it's only behind C4 by a day or 2.

RTE One are showing 5 year old episodes of the Bill between NUACHT and SIX ONE

yes which in turn provides a choice for the viewer imo

watch The Bill up to date on ITV, or older episodes on RTÉ (its different to whats being shown on ITV)
    watch Hollyoaks on Channel 4, or a 2 day old episode on TV3 (practically the same on both channels)

• Advertisement

Havent seen a new episode of the Bill in ages - only watch bits on RTE when I'm waiting for Six One.

Has the acting/mock up radio reports etc gotten any better over 5 years???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jasus, anyone catch Six-One tonight? Cos the production team dropped it several times!

Mike.

Can't beat the time the same image froze for 50 seconds just a few days after the new look was introduced. And then Dobbo apologises. And then straight to a report. 10 seconds and another frozen image, and this time we can hear every word the director says to Bryan.

During the 1pm news today (from the CSO broom cupboard because it's a bank holiday), the sound faded after about 5 seconds on all three reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

They also fecked up on the 1pm RTE Radio 1 news - the story from a reporter about this mornings stabbing suddenly stopped mid-way, then the reporter goes '1...2...3' and goes into back into the start of the story again.

Obviously someone accidently hit the 'play' button again in the studio.

They are a complete bunch of chimps on the radio side. I hear about a dozen queing and mis-timing of jingles/ads every day. It's a disgrace, the local hospital radio station has better production values.

Just goes to show, RTE = job for life, no matter how incompentent you are.

• Advertisement
Advertisement