Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coax Cable?

Options
  • 10-01-2014 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm moving sockets and a tv point so out of sight behind a wall mounted tv. I've cut a chase in a block wall to do this. Can I just fill in over the coax cable or do I need to run a conduit first in case I ever need to replace to cable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭wiz569

I would stick a plastic conduit in m8 just in case you need to change the cable at any time,would also suggest running a spare coax cable and an cat5 cable if you have the space,future proof it a bit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭DenisCork

Thanks for the reply, great idea on the spare coax. What would the cat 5 be used for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭wiz569

DenisCork wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, great idea on the spare coax. What would the cat 5 be used for?

In case you ever get a smart TV or one of those android tv sticks,for internet access :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭AndersKP

DenisCork wrote: »

Great tip, Cat5/6 can be used for potentially everything.

Google HdBaseT for a bit of light reading :)

Advertisement