Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone agree that an Abscess is the worse pain you can ever have??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

well i had an cyst in my palate. it nearly exploded thanks to my dentist! i was given a brace that ended up cracking one of my teeth in the gum so i had to have root canal on two teeth. this then agravated the cyst. i had to have the root canal taken out evey morning to let it drain and then go back evey evening to fill it back in at night so no germs would get in. at weekends she gave me a "tool" to take the filling out myself to let it drain if the pain got to bad, (i had to use this a few times!). all i can say is i have never gone through pain like it and i have had a child! it was the worst experience ever. this went on for about 3 months until the cyst settled down. still have it and still worry it will come back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 darkhavan

I have and Abcess and it's not the worse pain I have had which I know I should go get it checked out but I have the worse luckey when I had to have surgey to have me wisdom teeth removered the denist told me that I had to be put under they told me it was something to do with my roots while have way into the surgey I had woken up while they were cutting into me I was to scared to say a thing because I was scared that something would happen if I did so I was stuck in teh chair for I dont know how long as I watched them cut me open they were so busy talking about there lives they didnt even know I was a wake intil half way though it then what happen was the dentist got freak see that I had my eyes open and ended up cut the side a my check all up

After that I had stopped going to a denist until I had to go back after I had chipped my tooth so I went back this time it was a new dentist so I go there to get a chipped on my tooth fixed and while I was there found out I had to get one of my molars pulled out he gave me a needle for the pain but when he pulled it out it feel like he was trying to rip my skull out
    then the next day I had to go back to him to get the chip fix when he gave me a needle he hit the needle right on my nerve it wasnt the last needle I had got during that during a simple chip fixing I had started to bleed out it had taken them minutes to stop the bleeding they had over six medical gazes full a blood before it stop and the worse thing about the filling didnt even last a year later the thing broke and that's how I got the abcess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BADANDKNOWSIT2

I had my share of Abscessed teeth I started having bad teeth when i was 18 months old and i am 43 now. Two weeks ago i had one so bad my whole face was swollen and it was on the weekend so i had to go to the Er for 4 rounds of antibiotics and a steroid iv b4 the swelling went down. But I went this past Tuesday and had all my teeth pulled so thank goodness no more abscessed teeth for me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

But I went this past Tuesday and had all my teeth pulled so thank goodness no more abscessed teeth for me:)

You had all your teeth pulled :eek: Ouch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Jesus. I thought i had pain with my absess, quite clearly not. If people are saying its worse than child birth! Well, child birth wins hands down with me, it made me scream and cry hysterically, my absess didn't!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

The two worst pains i've had were an Abscess and an ingrown hair, the ingrown hair was the worst of the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Have to agree with Squaddy bout abcess pain. Went in begging dentist to take out tooth. Gave me a load of bull**** bout seeing orthodontist and stuff. Just trying to get more money. Got tooth out, no hassle!;)

Advertisement