Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harcourt Diner Closed

Options
  • 29-07-2014 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Post Coppers the other night I found myself in a shocking situation, the Harcourt Diner was closed and the sign removed.

Does anyone know whether this is only for renovations or is it gone for good? Would be sad to see it go as it was always great craic at about 4am
    Tagged:

Comments

There's always the Manhattan.

Or the Aprile's on South Richmond Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Rays pizza all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Gone years, sadly. I still remember the secret knock

Gigs place is gone too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The Manhattan!

Jaysus, that's been gone years.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Birneybau wrote: »
    The Manhattan!

Jaysus, that's been gone years.

Manhattan closed in late 2005 I think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

The Manhattan! You could get a feed of food and a young wan to bring home on a dark winters night. A solace after a sorry night of trying to pull and dance in some disco.

Happy memories!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Bill Lee

There's a great article on the Manhattan and the Gig's Place from Hot Press years ago written by Liam Fay. It was online. Worth seeking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Bill Lee wrote: »
    There's a great article on the Manhattan and the Gig's Place from Hot Press years ago written by Liam Fay. It was online. Worth seeking out.
    I know the owner of the recent gigs very well. Poor chap was devastated at having to close

No idea Manhattan was closed that long. I ate in Gigs place a year or two ago.

They are the type of businesses with character and personality that just don't survive in the sterile capitalism of the 21st Century :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

The Manhattan had one my favourite shop signs in Dublin until it fell off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement