Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best calendar app

• 22-05-2012 7:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm using CM7 at the moment (but think I might upgrade to wildchild rom soon). I'm looking for a decent calendar app as I believe the stock one is missing a few important features:

Searching: To be able to search the whole calendar including all past events for a certain word
    Multiple Calendars: To be able to add/edit an event to more than one calendar.

There's a few other things also but these two are enough to warrant an upgrade for me.

No need for a widget or anything as I use gesture swipe to open the calendar and this works best.

Oh, must also have a decent agenda view and would be nice if it was possible to copy text from an event just by holding the text on the view, rather than going to edit the event (I think you have to edit the event on the current calendar to copy the text).

Any feedback appreciated :)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its not free, but Calengoo is the best I have found.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I use jorte calendar.

It has search, copy events from view, and I'm pretty sure you can add events to multiple calendars.

Not free though, but it's the best one I've used since moving to android.

Has a nice widget too (should you decide to use it)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tigger31337

cormie wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm using CM7 at the moment (but think I might upgrade to wildchild rom soon). I'm looking for a decent calendar app as I believe the stock one is missing a few important features:

Searching: To be able to search the whole calendar including all past events for a certain word
    Multiple Calendars: To be able to add/edit an event to more than one calendar.

Oh, must also have a decent agenda view and would be nice if it was possible to copy text from an event just by holding the text on the view, rather than going to edit the event (I think you have to edit the event on the current calendar to copy the text).

Any feedback appreciated :)

Hi,

Tigger31337 here (the author of the WildChild ROM).
    The calendar I bundle with WildChild is called aCalendar and it has some pretty cool features. It most certainly has the search capabilities you're after. You can create repeating events WITH an end date (that was tricky to find... lots of calendars give you repeat but no end date). It does multiple calendars (local to the phone + PC synch, Google, and Birthdays). It has 3 built-in views that are easy to cycle between (it's just a swipe): day, week, and month views. In terms of copying events, not only can you hold an event to copy it to the clipboard but you can also click any event and create a QR code out of it.

Give it a whirl; I think it's pretty cool.

Be sure you get my latest ROM (v1.5) because it contains the latest aCalendar (currently, v0.12.8b) which has the "repeat to end-date" feature.

Cheers,

- Anthony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hi Anthony, thanks a lot for the response. That sounds good. I've actually been meaning to update to the wildchild rom, just haven't gotten around to it. Reason I want to upgrade is to try solve this issue: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73768003

Advertisement