Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Dublin Airport by Car - M50 worries

Options
  • 17-07-2008 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi

apologies if this is in the wrong place, I'm not a seasoned flyer but I have to catch an afternoon flight from dublin to europe this weekend.

I will be coming from Kildare direction on the N7 via the red cow and onto the M50 Northbound through the toll and on to the long terms car park (red is it?)

and I am just worried about the current roadworks and so on, my flight
    is at about 4 so need to be there by at least 3 I suppose to be comfortable
    My question is how much time should I be allowing for possible traffic delays?
    I know the airport will be super busy this time of the year aswell.

would appreciate any advice, cheers folks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

If the flight is at 4, check in will close at say 1515. You would need to be parking your car at 1415 in the long term, 1430 latest, to give time to get the long term airport bus. Green is shortest but usually for those going for > 1 week. Red is next and then Blue (Blue is quite far).

Buses leave the car park every 15 mins or so, and take around 5-10 mins to the airport. In case anything screws up, I really would be aiming to be getting on the car park bus at 1430 latest.

You should have no trouble with traffic, it's not too bad at that time, but from red Cow to car park, give it 40 mins to be safe, if not more. One accident can shut the entire flow down on the M50, esp at N3/N2 areas which seems to be frequent.

Other option is to go straight into city centre and then north on the N1 through Drumcondra, etc., no chance of a big accident making you miss the flight. At that time of the day, it's not bad at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭oddone

Pete4779 wrote: »
    If the flight is at 4, check in will close at say 1515. You would need to be parking your car at 1415 in the long term, 1430 latest, to give time to get the long term airport bus. Green is shortest but usually for those going for > 1 week. Red is next and then Blue (Blue is quite far).

Buses leave the car park every 15 mins or so, and take around 5-10 mins to the airport. In case anything screws up, I really would be aiming to be getting on the car park bus at 1430 latest.

You should have no trouble with traffic, it's not too bad at that time, but from red Cow to car park, give it 40 mins to be safe, if not more. One accident can shut the entire flow down on the M50, esp at N3/N2 areas which seems to be frequent.

Other option is to go straight into city centre and then north on the N1 through Drumcondra, etc., no chance of a big accident making you miss the flight. At that time of the day, it's not bad at all.

Thats great advice, appreciated, cheers!

Advertisement