Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what the hell is going on?!!

• 14-01-2008 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

OK, I met this lovely guy before xmas. He is a friend of a friend. I instantly liked him and there was a connection. Anyway I asked my friend(male) for this guys number and he wouldn't give it to me. He said he doesn't give out anyone's number to anyone. I was very annoyed at this but I let it go and forgot about it. 5 days later the guy text me telling me that it had taken him 5 days to get my number from our mutual friend. I was delighted and we met up for a drink. Everything went really well. I'm totally intrigued by the guy. We went out on another few dates, went for dinner etc. We text each other on a daily basis. On a couple of occasions we dicussed the fact the we both knew our mutual friend was not happy that the pair of us were meeting up. Now, i know he's been trying to put a spanner in the works.

So all of a sudden, nothing from this guy. He hasn't been returning my texts. So I'm just in limbo. It doesn't make sense to be honest.

Any advice?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Perhaps he's jealous?
    Perhaps he fancys you himself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Mutual mate has crush on you and bad-mouthed you to other mate that you like........ probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Maybe the mutual friend has a part in this.

Or maybe the guy just isn't as interested in you as you are in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Why not actually ring him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

humanji wrote: »

ye just ring him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Other possible reason too. Mutual friend was trying to protect you knowing the other guy is a dickhead to women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

humanji wrote: »

+1!

Ring and ask, could be a simple answer!

I can understand mates not giving out other mates numbers. If there's trouble with the couple the mate generally gets stuck in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

You have to ring because maybe his phone was nicked and he hasn't been getting your texts - by ringing you'll know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Just ring him and ask him straight out but I have an inkling that its mutual friend that may be causing trouble here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

Well by the sounds of it, You guys would be an Item by now if this "mutual" friend wasnt on the scene?

Maybe your mutual friend gave him a telling off and that your friend has hidden feelings for you?

I dont want to wreak your head anymore than it is, just something to think about :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭Buzz Buzz

Have a friend that I would'nt be overly keen handing out his number to any woman friend of mine.. not because I'm jealous or anything, but because he goes through women so fast, massive interest at the start, then gets what he wants and gets bored.. usually discards them pretty quickly. I know its not my problem once they become involved with each other.. but I dont want to be associated with that his antics for my sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well its true I don't really know much about this guy but surely its up to me to find out for myself what he's like. I did say to him that when my friend wouldn't give me his number that I thought he might have wanted to protect me from something but its just my friends actions over the last while have confirmed to me otherwise....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ask you mutual friend why he don't want you two to hook up, maybe he has a reason.
    Ring new guy and ask what's up. If he works close by you could just pop in to say "hi".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Your mutual friend likes you. Therefore he's either confided in his mate, who has now backed off (which is pretty mean without as much as an excuse) or else he's bad mouthed you to him. If your mutual friend was really concerned from the beginning that this guy was bad news, surley he could have come out and said it straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

"my friends actions over the last while have confirmed to me otherwise.... "
    How so?
    How good a friend is he anyhow?
    I still reckon hes trying to protect you , its a male sexist thing.

Itd be pretty freaky for a guy to go bad mouthing someone to put somebody off, its not really our style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

A lot of people would be the same about giving out numbers, unless they knew both parties wanted the number given (probably why the guy got yours in the end). I've known people to have a lot of problems with their mobile numbers going to people they don't want to have it due to some naiive do-gooder.

The rest just sounds like the guy is either busy and hasn't had time to text/forgotten, or he's not interested. If he was interested, he wouldn't let a third party stand in the way.

Advertisement