Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duck hunting!

Options
  • 27-07-2014 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Seeing as hunting seasons is only a 1 month 5 days 1 hour and 13 minutes away........:(.
    I was wondering what everybody's using and shooting on the first?
    For example I will be using the following

Beretta A400 extreme
    RC Camouflage 6 37g cartridges
    Using a 12ft Sea Nymph on a big lake
    Going after mallard!

So what ye using and shooting?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

duckman!! wrote: »
    So what ye using and shooting?

Remington 870!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Wellies, Browning A5, FOB 32g 6s and the local river.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jhon boy

might crak out the 16 gauge purdey but lads make sure that you are shoting SOFT LEAD because hard lead just hopes of the feathers you need the soft lead to bend and impact the bird i shot 26 ducks last year and most of them had no lead in them they were just killed from the impacted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Wellies, Browning A5, FOB 32g 6s and the local river.

I cannot believe that I do not have an A5.

...updating "to-buy" list.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

FISMA wrote: »
    I cannot believe that I do not have an A5.

...updating "to-buy" list.:pac:

Gun was built in Liege in 1969 and by my reckoning will still be shooting in 2069. They built them well back then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fabwing

Winchester 30 sporter, lough sheelin heavy, river Shannon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Small pond, wellys, mistral o/u, 36 g rc sipes and a new dog :)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snakezilla

Couple of deep drains out this way normally hold a few and the teal come unto them around Christmas, the dog, Remington 1187 semi , Hull 34g 5's and 3/4 choke !! Cant wait !

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭beretta686s

A400 unico boat river ducks yum yom 36g rems or eley bb's:P

• Registered Users Posts: 23 goshawker

silma supreme 34gram 5s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭mallards

Gamebore super steel 32gms 4's. Can't wait, seen around 100 mallard visiting the flight pond last weekend at dusk.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭villa1979

Will be useing remingtion 36g number 6 plenty of ducks feeding on our lagoons and ponds with the ducking season starting on a monday morning might not be many lads out like last year

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jimy1971

Yildiz o/u. 36g RC Sipe any my lab. Am feeding a few spots and will also walk the Shannon near where I live. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭J.R.

Benelli Montrefeltro
    RC Camouflage 4 37g cartridges

usual duck shooting here. early in the season, is at dusk on the stubble

not many here in ponds and drains until heavier rain and colder weather comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Boiled-egg

Fabarm Ellegi
    ELEY Alphamax 36g 6
    Big lake in the morning (same one as duckman I suspect) then drains in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Stevegeraghty

Small pond, waders, Winchester ranger pump, black an white dog and what ever cartridges are at the bottom of the game bag! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭4200fps

I'd be using a zabala s/s or beretta xplor unico.
    Rivers west clothing. My brothers. Cartridges will be eley plastic wad in 4's + 5's. Might try RC this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭ESB Spaniel

Harrington & Richardson Auto Excel
    34g RC 5's
    Springer Oddie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,634 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I'll be christening a Baikal MP-153 Semi-Auto this season. Will have to do a bit of experimenting in terms of chokes and cartridges as I'm new to this type of shotty. Usually use 32g 6's or 34g with half choke. My season doesn't usually kick off till decent numbers of widgeon and the odd mallard start turning up on my place in North Mayo - usually the back end of October into November. Got some good camo gear from the army shop on the Curragh. I particulary like my rain puancho;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Beretta dt10

Where are ye getting the 36 g RC Sipe from I can only find 32 g

PS .... shooting lough corrib..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭goss101

i think the sipe part coincides with the weight lad, so ya want RC 3's, they are 36 gram.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭duckman!!

Boiled-egg wrote: »
    Fabarm Ellegi
    ELEY Alphamax 36g 6
    Big lake in the morning (same one as duckman I suspect) then drains in the evening.

Out camping with a few beers and some steak on the sunday, Then killing ducks on the monday.... cant beat it ;)
    Where are ye getting the 36 g RC Sipe from I can only find 32 g

PS .... shooting lough corrib..

Im almost 100 percent sure RC Sipe only come in 32g...I could be wrong!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Mossberg 500 or Benelli M3,waders,and multiple small flash flood ponds that show up around this time of year if the weather continuse as is.Anything in No4 shot.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭deano2882

Dog.waders.new Zoli u/o I just got sub licence for today and yes u can get 36g rc 6's and a 38g just got 3 boxes of 36 and gettin couple of 38g when dealer gets them in....

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭garyc007

Il b packing.Baikel. rc's (4 & 5s).wellies.decoys.net.lamp.springers

Advertisement