Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Fulham Match thread k/o 16.00 SS1.

191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Tut tut! :P

I like the moxy, I do. You want to fight back, not get pushed around. I understand the desire but let me save you much frustration: this is your turn to sit down and take it. All the effort and smarts in the world won't save you from the inescapable reality of your team's results. And yes, I do know this from experience.

=================

For what it's worth, Utd were unlucky not to take all three points. As much as Moyes's approach was inefficient, Utd dominated and laid siege for the vast majority of the game. Fulham got a lot of luck. Not that I'm complaining, but it's a point worth noting nonetheless. :)
    It's his turn?? Like you lot did??
    Lol.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

You are the last person to call out anybody on post and thank history.

Only a few weeks back you were pulled up on using your supposed special needs brother to score cheap thanks and trying to get another poster in trouble for using the word retarded, even though you seem to have no bother throwing around the word.

Pathetic.

An actual soccer forum moderator here can actually confirm that amongst a couple of other posters. Try knowing the full details before criticising me.

Laughable that it's YOU of all people defending BNMC. Two peas in a pod. Anything else said will get me in trouble and you're certainly not worth it lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    An actual soccer forum moderator here can actually confirm that amongst a couple of other posters. Try knowing the full details before criticising me.
    That's even worse :confused:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

You know what he meant by supposed, but please, keep up with your posts in general for the sake of an argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Only a few weeks back you were pulled up on using your supposed special needs brother to score cheap thanks and trying to get another poster in trouble for using the word retarded, even though you seem to have no bother throwing around the word.

Pathetic.

Laughable that it's YOU of all people defending BNMC. Two peas in a pod. Anything else said will get me in trouble and you're certainly not worth it lad.
    You know what he meant by supposed, but please, keep up with your posts in general for the sake of an argument.

This stops now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Pathetic.

Ha! Here's the other one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

d423.gif

d423.gif

Was that the start of the season?

He's aged 20 years since then!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Was that the start of the season?

He's aged 20 years since then!

In fairness, he's had a lot of crosses to bear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Wow, I cant believe Utd drew. I switched off in injury time assuming they had won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Hey Willmunny miss you on the LFC thread .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Wow, I cant believe Utd drew. I switched off in injury time assuming they had won.

So did they :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Utd should have pushed on a wee bit more after they went 2-1 up but it cost them that they didn't. Moyes is in real trouble, full squad, more or less, to choose from today. Visit was at fault big time for the second goal. He shouldn't have tried to be so fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Blatter wrote: »
    I think most recognise that he's working day and night for the cause and respect him as a person, which brings a lot of good will. However most of the same people are realising that he's not up to the job.

It was a bit different with Liverpool fans and Hodgson, iirc there seemed to be genuinely bad blood between the two in that situation.

As bad as things are for utd and moyes, one thing is certain, he is not anything similar to hodgson.
    Moyes is a good manager in a difficult position. He might not come good at utd, but that is probably more to do with the players than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

As bad as things are for utd and moyes, one thing is certain, he is not anything similar to hodgson.
    Moyes is a good manager in a difficult position. He might not come good at utd, but that is probably more to do with the players than him.

You're right when you say Moyes is not anything similar to Hodgson.

Roy Hodgson, regardless of what happened at Liverpool, has achieved far more in management than David Moyes would in five lifetimes. Hodgson is a much, much better manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,554 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hodgson has achieved far more in his career than Moyes ever will. Stupid comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Paully D wrote: »

Roy Hodgson, regardless of what happened at Liverpool, has achieved far more in management than David Moyes would in five lifetimes. Hodgson is a much, much better manager.

Really what's hodgson done of any note. Is he not like Moyes always did well at smaller clubs but found it tough when he took over at a club that expects to win things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Took Switzerland to the quarters of the world cup in 1994 and Fulham to the EL final. Still not a good manager though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭ronjo

niallo27 wrote: »
    Really what's hodgson done of any note. Is he not like Moyes always did well at smaller clubs but found it tough when he took over at a club that expects to win things.

He won the Swedish League with Malmo a few times I think.

Did excellent with Finland and Switzerland too.

Not sure what else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Paully D wrote: »

Why? Because he won a few leagues out in Scandinavia? Those are mickey mouse leagues they are nothing compared to the Premiership. He done well for a few seasons in Fulham, that europa league run they had was pox lucky. He's an average manager who will get England to the 1/4 finals at best in the next 2 major tournaments.

People need to get off Moyes' back. He can only do so much, he can't run onto the pitch and score for them, how many chances did they miss yesterday? Fletcher and Carrick ****ed up for the 1st goal, Vidic' header to Carrick wasn't good enough for the 2nd goal, mistakes that the players made! If a team has over 80 crosses and only get 2 goals against a **** side, how can that be the managers fault? The players would want to pull the finger out, Rooney and RVP were terrible yesterday. Demanding 300k a week only to get a performance like that, that's gas

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Why? Because he won a few leagues out in Scandinavia? Those are mickey mouse leagues they are nothing compared to the Premiership. He done well for a few seasons in Fulham, that europa league run they had was pox lucky. He's an average manager who will get England to the 1/4 finals at best in the next 2 major tournaments.

People need to get off Moyes' back. He can only do so much, he can't run onto the pitch and score for them, how many chances did they miss yesterday? Fletcher and Carrick ****ed up for the 1st goal, Vidic' header to Carrick wasn't good enough for the 2nd goal, mistakes that the players made! If a team has over 80 crosses and only get 2 goals against a **** side, how can that be the managers fault? The players would want to pull the finger out, Rooney and RVP were terrible yesterday. Demanding 300k a week only to get a performance like that, that's gas

Perhaps change tactics as it was obvious it wasn't working?

Perhaps change tactics as it was obvious it wasn't working?
    Did he not change tactics when Januzaj came on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,383 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

ronjo wrote: »
    He won the Swedish League with Malmo a few times I think.

Did excellent with Finland and Switzerland too.

Not sure what else.

Reached a UEFA Cup final with Inter (although they lost it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,828 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Did one of the 82 crosses land yet?

Did he not change tactics when Januzaj came on

No, the tactics stayed the same. Get it wide and cross it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

No, the tactics stayed the same. Get it wide and cross it in.
    How can you work the ball through a team with 11 behind the ball? Same thing happened Chelsea when they played West Ham last week

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

How can you work the ball through a team with 11 behind the ball? Same thing happened Chelsea when they played West Ham last week

They did manage to score two goals against the worse team in the league, the problem is they also conceded two.

sundula wrote: »
    They did manage to score two goals against the worse team in the league, the problem is they also conceded two.
    Because of individual mistakes....don't know why people blame moyes over the result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Because of individual mistakes....don't know why people blame moyes over the result

Are you serious

• Advertisement

Danger781 wrote: »
    Are you serious
    Deadly serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

I'm worried about how closely I'm following this thread. I've seen that video of the crosses posted 4 times already.

It would be nice to hear something from the board of the club at this stage. I think the fans have a right to know wtf is going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Absolutely disgraceful conceding two goals against those mugs.
    Rene out!!!!

Sorry Rene.. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

niallo27 wrote: »

It's very obvious:

Hodgson:

e30684c3b17fd953775e40b2e980f43e.png

Moyes:

b05d8bd2e4d919d5171f745d179e49e5.png

Hodgson has won league titles and cups in numerous countries, got to two European finals with two different teams, got to the last 16 of a World Cup with Switzerland and to a European Championships for the first time in 40 years, and was knighted in Finland for his services to football in that country. He's now manager of England.

Moyes has won League One with Preston, got to a Championship playoff final with them and finished 7th, 17th, 4th, 11th, 6th, 5th, 5th, 8th, 7th and 7th with Everton over a 10 year period, reaching one FA Cup final and winning nothing.

There's no comparison.

Advertisement