Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster SHC QF: Clare vs Limerick; Semple Stadium, Thurles; 24th May; 4pm

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Is he immune from criticism because he won an all Ireland? Their record is woeful since then. How does anyone become proven without getting the chance? The u21 managers have a far better cv than Davy had before he took over Waterford, they should be given the opportunity.

You can't be making the same mistakes continuously and get away with it. As Einstein said, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results.
    Absolutely not and you know be fair I don't do such lark

Point was all this trouble camp proven be nonsense

He defo has take blame discipline in he needs control that with the players

But you can't really he he needs go unless a better proven candidate is given better than him

What?? Clare have a rake of ready made replacements, I'm not going to list them it's far too obvious.

Name them so
    Name them
    daly in he's good but who to say can win all Ireland
    Under twenty management were excellent but I can't see them going in over Davy head

Mehapoy wrote: »
    Surely to god the under 21 management would be shoo-ins for the position, whether as a duo or one, if you win 3 all Ireland's in a row at u21 you're entitled to have a crack at a higher level

They defo deserve a look at however o Connor worked under Davy so no evidence say want it himself and if anything kinnerk coming back next year help Davy hugely

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

Name them so
    Name them
    daly in he's good but who to say can win all Ireland
    Under twenty management were excellent but I can't see them going in over Davy head

I said: "I'm not going to list them it's far too obvious". There are at least three highly qualified obvious candidates.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Limerick by 6+
    Absolutely not and you know be fair I don't do such lark

Point was all this trouble camp proven be nonsense

He defo has take blame discipline in he needs control that with the players

But you can't really he he needs go unless a better proven candidate is given better than him

The criteria should be is the team improving and the answer to that is a definative no over the past 18 months. Lets see how they bounce back over the next few weeks but if he doesn't post at least a couple of wins against top level opposition this summer then there should be questions about his tenure. How long exactly would you be prepared to let him carry on on the back of 2013, another 2-3 years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭TyrionPower

If an outside manager Came to my club, lost some of the best players like Davy has and behaved like Davy does on the line for what seems to be for every match I would be appalled - and we wouldn't long getting rid of him - aside from results.
    How it is supposed to be good enough for the county of Clare with a group of players that can become their greatest ever bunch is beyond me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

They defo deserve a look at however o Connor worked under Davy so no evidence say want it himself and if anything kinnerk coming back next year help Davy hugely

Who said Kinnerk is coming back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

If an outside manager Came to my club, lost some of the best players like Davy has and behaved like Davy does on the line for what seems to be for every match I would be appalled - and we wouldn't long getting rid of him - aside from results.
    How it is supposed to be good enough for the county of Clare with a group of players that can become their greatest ever bunch is beyond me

Have to say, I'm starting to agree with this. Until recently, I liked Davy and defended him against a lot of those who don't (and as I'm a Cat, I'm talking outside Clare here). I always found him to be a character and someone who lightened up things like press conferences/interviews etc., as the one thing I would fault Cody on is he's very cliched when talking to the media. That said, I would take cliched but wins any day of the week for my own county.

The problem is, I think Davy is starting to (a)believe a lot of his own hype and (b)start to believe he is the great victim. Back in 2013 he was all passion, now he's all bitterness. I think he would make a very interesting pundit because he's not afraid to speak his mind, but I think he's reaching the end of the line as a manager.

As all of you are saying, this Clare team is far too good for its full potential to not be realised. Clare, at the minute, are a long way off Clare in 2013. When ye came to Nowlan Park for the relegation decider I thought something was way off beam tactically when ye had a sweeper and only five up front playing with a fierce wind.

Advertisement