Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 3 (PS3) - €13.50 delivered [Sendit]

Options
  • 16-09-2009 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,782 ✭✭✭✭

Great price for an apparently great game.. but have far too many great games unplayed.

Is it worth forking out for this?

879476_GS_M_F.JPG
    Buy it @ Sendit.com
    Prepare for the future.
    From the creators of the award winning Oblivion comes Fallout 3, featuring one of the most realised game worlds ever created. Create any kind of character you want and explore the open wastes of post-apocalyptic Washington D.C. Every minute is a fight for survival as you encounter super mutants, ghouls, raiders, and other dangers of the Wasteland.
    -The Power Of Choice- are you good or evil? Talk out your problems or just flash your plasma rifle
    -Blast 'em Away With V.A.T.S.!- Rain death and destruction in an all-new cinematic combat presentation.
    -Limitless Freedom!- Visit towns, battle through DC, or explore the Wasteland in 1st or 3nd Person.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Not played it myself but ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_3#Reviews
    Professional reviews for the game have been very positive, with an average Game Rankings score of 93% for the Xbox 360 version and 91% for the PC and PlayStation 3.[104] 1UP.com praised its open-ended gameplay and flexible character-leveling system. While the V.A.T.S. system was called "fun," enemy encounters were said to suffer from a lack of precision in real-time combat and little variety in enemy types. The review concluded, Fallout 3 is a "hugely ambitious game that doesn't come around very often."[89] IGN praised the game's "minimalist" sound design, observing, "you might find yourself with nothing but the sound of wind rustling through decaying trees and blowing dust across the barren plains ... Fallout 3 proves that less can be more." The review noted that the "unusual amount of realism" combined with the "endless conversation permutations" produces "one of the most truly interactive experiences of the generation", awarding the game a 9.6 out of 10.[97] GameZone gave Fallout 3 a 9.5, 9.4 and 9.2 out of 10 for the PlayStation 3, 360 and PC versions respectively, while Resolution Magazine awarded the game 93% on all formats.[105] Although Edge awarded the game 7 out of 10, in a later anniversary issue it placed the game 37th in a "100 best games to play today" list, saying "‬Fallout* ‬3* ‬empowers,* ‬engages and rewards to extents that few games have ever achieved."[106]

Some criticisms were the bugs in regards to the physics, crashes, and some that broke quests and prevented progression, the latter of which are fixable by reloading from an earlier state.[97] The AI and stiff character animations are another common point of criticism,[107][108][109] as is the ending.[107][110] Edge states that "the game is cumbersome in design and frequently incompetent in the details of execution," taking particular issue with the nakedness of the HUD, the clarity of the menu interface, and that the smaller problems are carried over from Oblivion. Edge liked the central story but said "[t]he writing isn’t quite as consistent as the ideas that underpin" and that the "[v]oice-acting is even less reliable." [90] It has also been noted that the PC version is "the most fully featured, best looking, and best running version of Fallout 3."[97][109][111]

From its release in October through the end of 2008, Fallout 3 shipped over 4.7 million units.[112] According to NPD Group the Xbox 360 version has sold 1.14 million units and the PlayStation 3 version has sold 552,000 units as of January 2009.[113] The Xbox 360 version was the 14th best-selling game of December 2008 in the United States, while the PlayStation 3 version was the eighth best-selling PlayStation 3 game in that region and month.[114]

Oh and once again basquille you're responsible for my credit card taking a hmamering :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Have it already (bought it full price when it came out) but thats a fantastic price for a great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Been meaning to get this and at this price you can't go wrong. Thanks for sharing Basquille.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

basquille wrote: »
    Great price for an apparently great game.. but have far too many great games unplayed.

Is it worth forking out for this?

879476_GS_M_F.JPG
    Buy it @ Sendit.com

I thought it was an utterly awesome game. Probably one of the best RPGs I've played lately, and really pretty replayable. I'd say it works out at 25 cent an hour. That's value, right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Paid full price for this on the PC when it came out. It's a great game, fairly epic though probably not to everyone's taste. Read a few reviews, watch some video and see if it appeals to you. Thumbs up from me anywhooo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 chris14dooley

you're not going to find many games out there without flaws from the demanding gaming public. i thought Fallout 3 was a good looking ,interesting enough game but the combat was a bit clumsy but then when you're used to running around in COD most other first player combat games look clumsy,and it got a bit tedious after a while but what game doesn't ..but sure its €11 - you wouldn't get lunch around here for that so to get a few hours gameplay out of it for that i'd definately reccomend..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,782 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Decided to buy it..

.. though probably won't get to play it til Fallout 4! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

And i think you can get 30 trade in credit for it in Gamestop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

And i think you can get 30 trade in credit for it in Gamestop :D

No its not on the new list.

Great game though. Best game i've played in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Showing at £11.89 (sterling) now. Still a fantastic bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,782 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers for that alastair_doom.

Updated thread title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭QenTox

No its not on the new list.

Great game though. Best game i've played in a while

Actually it is, but as Fallout 3 C.E., which is the Collectors Edition as far as I know and not this...

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Would you need to have played 1 or 2 to get into this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

This is one of the best games ive ever played, I was not a big RPG fan but this changed all that its so good i bought it twice :D. I had this PS3 copy but because they announced that the DLC wasnt going to be released on PS3 i bought it on xbox 360 to get the extra content about a week after buying it on xbox they announce that the DLC is now coming to PS3 !!

Still not bad as i loved starting it all over againevery choice results in a different path so i played the first game as a nice guy the 2nd as a bad ass!!. For this price i had to stop myself buying it again i had to walk away from the keyboard saying you dont need 3 copies of it you dont need 3 copies :D

Game can take anything from 40-70 hours to finish depening on how you play it tons of DLC coming soon too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

No not at all, ive never played the others and picked this up when it came out and still play it now and then, its brilliant and for that price you cant really go wrong. If you hate it youll get the majority of your money back on trade in value.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Game can take anything from 40-70 hours to finish depening on how you play it tons of DLC coming soon too.
    I'm 115 hours in... but then I did go exploring rather than play missions.

Really good price, but, the GOTY edition is on it's way isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Argh why isn't the 360 version ever down to next to nothing. Hopfully it will be soon with the GOTY edition on it's way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭QenTox

I'm 115 hours in... but then I did go exploring rather than play missions.

Really good price, but, the GOTY edition is on it's way isn't it?

It is indeed. That is the reason, why is this so cheap ;) Out 16/10/09 in 29 Days! But it will be about €35 +.

Advertisement