Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flint blade?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Can be both. People sometimes worked the edges to improve the shape/function, or even to de-sharpen one edge so it could be handled. Like a back to a blade kinda thing.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

Just an update on the flint blade. Took it the NMI and they are registering the find.

I marked the find location on an os map, filled in a report form and then signed the release for my lovely flint blade!

Interestingly I think I may have a (possible) flint arrowhead, will post some pics later. This has similar colour/patination to the flint blade and was found in the same stretch of river.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Cool! :) Can't wait to see the pics of the arrowhead.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

Link to pics of possible flint arrowhead here.. See new post

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

This has been a fascinating thread for me. Thanks to all concenred who have participated in it.

tac

• Advertisement
Advertisement