Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Graphics card problem?

• 22-10-2008 2:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭

A while ago a blue vertical line appeared on the left edge of my laptop screen. Recently it's been joined by a purple line about half a cm to the right. I'm assuming this is not a good thing!

Is it a problem with the graphics card? Am I facing a meltdown? Any advice appreciated.

(Toshiba Satellite with ATI Radeon 700 128MB card)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

would it not be the monitor thats faulty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Sounds like a faulty Lcd panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

try hook up another monitor to check if it's the card or monitor.

Sounds like a scan module might be gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Just because its on the screen dosent mean its a broken lcd, or foocked gpu. Ive seen it alot in work with laptop, that the issue is only on the lcd and works fine hooked up to a external monitor, had the lcd changed and the problem still persisted. Engineer called back otu to change the board. Same problem. In the end it was interfearance from the wlan card.

OP if this is a dell hold the FN button and turn on the power, this will start up the inbuilt diags. Will go through ram, cpu , hdd and video.

If the laptop is in warrenty log the incident with the manufacturer. If its out of warrenty you could open up the laptop and check the lcd panel cable. Disconnect wlan, bluetooth and all that crap and see if the problem goes away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I'll hook it up to another monitor tomorrow and see if the monitor is the problem. If it is, can anything be done?

• Advertisement
Advertisement