Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I buy this thing? Or does it exist?

Options
  • 21-10-2008 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭

When I'm on holidays I don't have a lot access to a computer and My MP3 is charged via a USB cable from a computer. Is there a charger that plugs straight into a socket and then connects into a MP3 player via USB cable like a laptop does with a cable.

I know it will probably require a transformer of some description or adapter. The closest I can find at the moment is charging through a cigarette lighter in a car with an adapter that the USB connects to but it’s very slow. Can’t seem to find anything suitable.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

You will pick up an adapter at the airport if you can wait till the next time you go away. It just plugs straight into a wall socket and you can plug your usb cable directly into it.

I saw a world adapte in the duty free the other day in Dublin airport that also had a usb socket on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

What make is the player?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Biggins wrote: »
    What make is the player?

Creative ZEN, I have an older ZEN with a power cord but that needs an adapter and will only work with the Vision M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Something like this would be good for travelling;

http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=101717

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Perfect for what you require. Has a wide voltage input range for use around the world.

n69cx7dc21d5nd6.jpg

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Namesco wrote: »
    Creative ZEN, I have an older ZEN with a power cord but that needs an adapter and will only work with the Vision M

ah yes these have the sync adaptor you plug in the bottom and then connect a usb cable too, but it also has a connection on it for 5v DC adaptor.

I got one of the official creative adaptors for about a 10er on ebay, but im sure any dc adaptor would do if its a good quality one and has the same output as the official one ( 5v 1.5a ) either way ud still need the wee sync adaptor that comes with the player. Charge time is about 4 hours by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Dealextreme to the rescue
    USB AC Adapter for about €3.50 posted.

Now I say €3.50 posted, but shop once on dealextreme and you'll be back for more, apologies in advance... :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

This is a handy all rounder but pretty expensive.

Advertisement