Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car damaged in car park and CCTV out of action

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

cdebru wrote: »
    My bet would be they will say that is a civil matter between you and the car park owner/operator, private property etc etc .

Not if you report criminal damage to your car surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Not if you report criminal damage to your car surely?

How is it criminal damage?

It's accidental damage, so presumably a civil matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

The Op thinks the damage was done on purpose .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

elastico wrote: »
    How is it criminal damage?

It's accidental damage, so presumably a civil matter.

Is it not illegal now to damage another vehicle or property and leave the scene without providing your details?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭biketard

Do they have a sign up in the car park saying that they use CCTV? Cos if they do, isn't that a lie if it hasn't worked for 3 months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

gizmo555 wrote: »
    If NCPS's client is a company, they're talking through their hoop. Companies have no rights under the Data Protection Acts.

AFAIK as I know even if the client is a company then they are protected in this case, a company in general may not have any rights BUT they are a customer of NCPS and a customers details can not be released under the DP Act whoever they are or whatever they are.

On the legal side you must be able to prove as already stated that the car was damaged at the car park (i.e before and after images which can prove time, date and location).

A sign stating whatever means nothing legally for many reasons, first and foremost a company can not prove you read and agreed to a non-disclaimer unless it is signed, dated and counter-signed!

GM228

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 Steppin Out

Been emailing the NCPS complaints department, and they stopped replying as soon as we got to the core of the matter. I then said I'd better ring them, and the lady on the phone said that I'd better go to the complaints department for my issue. She then said they only deal via emails. I told her that I'd already been emailing and asked her who was in charge of the complaints department. She said she didn't know because it was a completely different section.

I then called Irish rail for footage, and they told me that they don't release it to the public. Went to the guards again for them to get the footage instead. A few days later, the guards rang to tell me that the cameras were down that day.

I think I'll send a threatening email soon, but I'd just like to be sure who in the company I's like to see it.

Advertisement