Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to watch the McGregor vs. Mendes fight - UFC 189

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

ricero wrote: »
    Can I order the fight and watch through my ps4 ?

Yep, download the UFC.tv app and you can purchase/watch there - €17.99

Pre-lims are free and you can watch those too

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

maximoose wrote: »
    Yep, download the UFC.tv app and you can purchase/watch there - €17.99

Pre-lims are free and you can watch those too

Pretty sure this isnt correct unless its changed recently. The UFC app isnt on ps4 yet, its only on xbox.

To the guy that asked, best bet is but it on ufc.tv and hook your laptop up to the tv if you have one and watch it on tv through that.

Crap sorry, my bad.. didn't realise it wasn't released on ps4 yet :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Can you order it through UPC ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,886 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

via bt sports, yes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    via bt sports, yes

So you have to buy the whole package or can you order the event on a once off basis ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,886 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

So you have to buy the whole package or can you order the event on a once off basis ?

not sure to be honest but i suspect you d have to order the package but i could be wrong. sure give them a ring and see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

They're doing a one-off deal for the fight of €14.99 for one months access to the Setanta package.

I think it's normally €19.99 p/m but a minimum of 2 months (Open to correction on this).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I'm going to purchase it to watch on my Xbox. I'm very worried as its very inconsistent. Watching replays has been ok but i have never watched a live event on it. I have Sky Go and it can be very hit and miss and I have a decent broadband connection. I remember it buffering during the last play of the Superbowl. The suspense :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Be careful with this, order it asap or ring to confirm first as I think it takes 24hrs to activate. Have seen people order for boxing etc and then not have it on time for the event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭lertsnim

If you do get the Setanta Sports package in for this fight, UPC will charge you for cancelling any channels from your package. It is €10 IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CD-R 80

Yup.

Bit the bullet and Got the BT/Setanta package as I'm hosting a Party :p.

€19 for the month. Will Cancel it within the month so basically costing me €30 ( €10 downgrade fee). No way was I gonna be pr!cking about with streams for this card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 merrion123

CD-R 80 wrote: »
    Yup.

Bit the bullet and Got the BT/Setanta package as I'm hosting a Party :p.

€19 for the month. Will Cancel it within the month so basically costing me €30 ( €10 downgrade fee). No way was I gonna be pr!cking about with streams for this card.

Yep,

same here , was not going to leave it to the mercy of a streamed connection. Got the setanta sports package and will cancel after a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Can't wait for this tomorrow now, I'll watch the press conferance on lunch , when are the weigh ins on?

As for my 'tenner' bet I'm going to back Conor to do what he said and go for a KO in round 1, I'm going with my heart over my head for once.

In a way though , I actually think we'll find more out about McG from a loss rather than a win over a wrestler. It will answer a lot of questions of what will he do? how will it effect him? etc etc

But I think he'd be humble in defeat , shake Chads hand and move on from it.

The UFC however wouldn't like it at all , he's like Dana's little cash cow.

I'm going to purchase it to watch on my Xbox. I'm very worried as its very inconsistent. Watching replays has been ok but i have never watched a live event on it. I have Sky Go and it can be very hit and miss and I have a decent broadband connection. I remember it buffering during the last play of the Superbowl. The suspense :pac:

The first live event I watched on Xbox was Faber v Edgar not long ago and it was a silky smooth stream, hopefully no issues tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,139 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What price is this Mendes fella to win?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Heading to Ibiza tomorrow and looking to see the fight. Have been on to loads of bars but no where seems to be showing. Does anyone know anywhere in Ibiza showing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

NIMAN wrote: »

See below link for all odds:
    http://www.oddschecker.com/ufc-mma/chad-mendes-v-conor-mcgregor/winner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Im sure its been covered before but am I right in saying neither BT or Setanta have the prelims?

The prelims are fight pass exclusive (2 fights)

Undercard and PPV Main Event are on the channels or ufc.tv etc

If you have never used fight pass you can sign up for a 7 day trial - just make sure to cancel it or it auto charges you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Axwell wrote: »
    The prelims are fight pass exclusive (2 fights)

Undercard and PPV Main Event are on the channels or ufc.tv etc

If you have never used fight pass you can sign up for a 7 day trial - just make sure to cancel it or it auto charges you.

Theres only a couple of us who'll watch the whole event including the prelims so Im might chance my arm and stream the prelims as we have the channels for the rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭VisibleGorilla

Ordering on UFC.tv vs BT Sport.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of each?

Similar enough in price and I'll only be watching this fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

i am having trouble ordering off ufc.tv.

when i log in it is listing "event purchase options" but there are no options.
    Am i missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

NIMAN wrote: »

I just put a nice wad on Chad @ 6-4.

Lombardo86 wrote: »

Am i missing something?
    No idea, I'll wait till later to order it depending on which option is best.

I'd be afraid of the stream being choppy or cutting out.

Lombardo86 wrote: »

Am i missing something?

Try a different browser - working fine for me, checked there now.

BT sport you can obviously watch directly on your tv.

UFC.tv you will have to stream it through tv via a laptop/apple tv or if you have a smart tv then that - or just watch it on the laptop.

Only real factor is having to cancel BT. If your broadband is decent enough then you shouldnt have any issues with streaming etc, ive never had any and I watch pretty much every event through it, have a fight pass subscription for those events and buy most of the PPVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

If you were going to be subscribing to all the ppv events buying a chromecast wouldn't be a bad idea. Could cast them from your phone to the TV them.

Axwell wrote: »
    BT sport you can obviously watch directly on your tv.

UFC.tv you will have to stream it through tv via a laptop/apple tv or if you have a smart tv then that - or just watch it on the laptop.

Only real factor is having to cancel BT. If your broadband is decent enough then you shouldnt have any issues with streaming etc, ive never had any and I watch pretty much every event through it, have a fight pass subscription for those events and buy most of the PPVs.
    Ok brilliant, thanks for the reply.

I'll go with directly from UFC.

I have a media computer directly connected to my TV so can watch in HD no prob. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Just booked 3 tickets for that place in the red cow. Hopefully its a good night out dancing/drinking before the fight.

Advertisement