Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to watch the McGregor vs. Mendes fight - UFC 189

Options
  • 29-06-2015 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

Looking to find out the best places in Dublin to watch the UFC 189 Main Event fight (Conor McGregor vs Jose Aldo)?

Given the time of the fight (I would have thought it would start between 4-5am), I can't imagine a lot of places will be showing it.

The other alternative is to watch it at home, however the main problem with that for me is that I don't have BT Sports (Just have Sky Sports package through UPC). Any ideas on other ways to get it on TV or is BT Sport the only way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Looking to find out the best places in Dublin to watch the UFC 189 Main Event fight (Conor McGregor vs Jose Aldo)?

Given the time of the fight (I would have thought it would start between 4-5am), I can't imagine a lot of places will be showing it.

The other alternative is to watch it at home, however the main problem with that for me is that I don't have BT Sports (Just have Sky Sports package through UPC). Any ideas on other ways to get it on TV or is BT Sport the only way?

Murrays or the living room.

Robbed from Paullys post
    How can I watch the event if I don't have access to BT Sport?
    It's a pay-per-view. You can purchase the event on UFC TV to stream for €17.99. This will give you access to all of the fights on the main card, including Conor's fight.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You can also buy it on ufc.tv directly if you have a laptop and can connect it to the tv and share the screen from it..or if you have a smart tv perhaps watch it on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

Axwell wrote: »
    You can also buy it on ufc.tv directly if you have a laptop and can connect it to the tv and share the screen from it..or if you have a smart tv perhaps watch it on that.

Apple TV is your man here, the ufc tv app is installed as defaut.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

All well and good if you have an Apple TV..not worth buying on for the sake one fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

Who said anyting about buying one...people are asking about watching it and it can be done on an apple tv..

Laptops are all well and good if you own a laptop...no point buying one for the sake of one fight.

• Advertisement

Hes still buying the fight off UFC.tv which is what I posted in the first place. If he wants to watch it at home its safe to say there's more chance of him having access to a laptop than an Apple tv but yes if he is so inclined he can watch it on an Apple Tv..or an Xbox1..or any other device which can run the Ufc.tv app..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

For anyone with Sky/UPC

You can sign up for Setanta for 2 months at 9.99 each month, and a 2 month contract. It's only slightly dearer than buying the event through UFC and you'll also get UFC 190 as well other UFC events and sports so it's well worth the 9.99 a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

For anyone with Sky/UPC

You can sign up for Setanta for 2 months at 9.99 each month, and a 2 month contract. It's only slightly dearer than buying the event through UFC and you'll also get UFC 190 as well other UFC events and sports so it's well worth the 9.99 a month

Do you have a link for that? I am wondering if people who previously signed up for the 1 euro deal can avail of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    Do you have a link for that? I am wondering if people who previously signed up for the 1 euro deal can avail of this.

https://secure.setantasubs.com/

It doesn't say anything about needing to be a new customer so I'd imagine you could get it at the 9.99 price

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm pretty sure Harry's on the Green are showing it. Saw Paddy Holohan saying that's where he'll be watching it anyway.

And that's all the useless information you'll be getting from me. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Any idea if the free 7 day trial covers you for that? No problem paying but free is always better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

The trial will get you the fight pass prelims only, main event will still be ppv as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Anyone know for certain if any bars are showing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

D.Q wrote: »
    Anyone know for certain if any bars are showing it?

Your best bet would be to ring the likes of Woolshed, Harry's and McGowans. They all showed them the last time. The more people ringing these places, the more likely they are to show it if they know there's interest.

Woolshed just got back to me on FB:
    nope - too late legally for anywhere to show it :(

EDIT: and so did the Living Room
    Unfortunately due to the time (5:30am) we are unable to open due to licencing regulation. We are very sorry and would love to screen this event but unfortunately are unable to. I do not know anywhere else in town that is showing UFC189.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Its messing trying to find somewhere to watch the fight. Watch it at home or the home of a friend, if they let you.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ChicagoJoe

Is the fight on TV 3e on Monday evening ? They didn't show UFC Now with Ken Flo and Bisbing last week and don't have it listed this week, so I'm wondering have 3e dropped it's MMA programs ?

hots wrote: »
    Any idea if the free 7 day trial covers you for that? No problem paying but free is always better :)

Trial is just for Fight pass access, PPV is separate to that. Its around 15.99 or thereabouts for the PPV event.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CD-R 80

Like the OP, I only have UPC.

Please finish the below sentence :p

So to order the fight I'll have to...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

CD-R 80 wrote: »

Ring UPC (1908), say, add Setanta Pack to my subscription freak bitches*, you'll have BT1HD to watch the fight live then. It's just under €20 per month.

*don't call them freak bitches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

CD-R 80 wrote: »

Pray to jesus that they don't fcuk it up...a lot of people missed the Mayweather fight because of UPC. Their replies were priceless...pm your ac number and we'll look into it. Something something horse stable door...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I'm just gonna stream it from ufc.tv. Few lads calling over. €17.99 between a few people isn't much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Why anyone would want to watch it in a pub is beyond me. At 5am in the morning it's going to be packed with people who've been up all night drinking. Recipe for disaster in my book.

In a pub atmosphere I doubt I'd even make it to 3am, getting too old :pac:

Bought the PPV on Xbox lastnight, €17.99 - that'll do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

Got this reply from harrys

Thanks for your mail, it’s standing room only at this point and first come first serve before 9:30pm. There are no tickets or anything like that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭JC01

Stupid question time, by the 11th of July stateside does that mean the fight is showing at half 5 on the Friday or Saturday night?

I know, I know...

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

JC01 wrote: »
    Stupid question time, by the 11th of July stateside does that mean the fight is showing at half 5 on the Friday or Saturday night?

I know, I know...

saturday night/sunday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 33 im6foot4

ChicagoJoe wrote: »
    Is the fight on TV 3e on Monday evening ? They didn't show UFC Now with Ken Flo and Bisbing last week and don't have it listed this week, so I'm wondering have 3e dropped it's MMA programs ?

Saw the trailer for ufc189 the other day on tv3, so I'd presume they'd be showing it in the Monday night. All it said was 'UFC189 coming soon'

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭JC01

saturday night/sunday morning

Grand job I was making myself paranoid there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Trial is just for Fight pass access, PPV is separate to that. Its around 15.99 or thereabouts for the PPV event.

Would you happen to have a direct link to that?

I've been trying to find it but keep coming up with $59.99

I'm so lost on this website :)

Advertisement