Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi tdi(e) engine question

Options
  • 04-02-2014 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I have just purchased an Audi a6 avant 2009 2.0 tdie. I want to buy a service kit for it but I'm not 100% on a few things!

Is it's the same engine layout as the more common 2.0 tdi and are they the same oil and various filters that fit both engines for service?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Oil Will

Hi,

The oil you are looking for needs to be VW 505/507 "approved" Fuchs Titan Pro C3 5w30 is I believe the factoty fill oil for this car when it left the factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

I have just purchased an Audi a6 avant 2009 2.0 tdie. I want to buy a service kit for it but I'm not 100% on a few things!

Is it's the same engine layout as the more common 2.0 tdi and are they the same oil and various filters that fit both engines for service?

Thanks in advance

You need the engine code to order the correct oil filter etc. online. Going to a main dealer or motor factor you'll need your reg/VIN number or engine code.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Get the engine code for you car. This will be printed on the Options Configuration label pasted on the inside cover of your Audi Service Schedule book and stuck to the floor of the boot under the carpet and beside the wheel-well / tool-holder. The label looks like a self-adhesive shipping label

The chances are that the oil is as above - but only titan / fuchs VW 507 00 spec if the car is fitted with a DPF.

More oil info

If you give the reg no or VIN to most advanced motor factors these days they'll give you a price for a mini-service kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭FR85

There as far as I know are two different fuel filters also, if your fuel filter has no bleed screw then it's a filter with a small hole, if it has a bleeder then it's one with a bigger hole.

Link below might help, or things might have changed and I'm a mile off!!!

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/images/a5/oilfuel/2010-golf-tdi-fuel-filter.jpg

Advertisement