Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to watch the McGregor vs. Mendes fight - UFC 189

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Whilst I would love to go to Harrys, being there from 9.30 would be a disaster for me. I think I will hit the hay early, get up around 2am and tune in for Neils fight :-)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Would you happen to have a direct link to that?

I've been trying to find it but keep coming up with $59.99

I'm so lost on this website :)

http://www.ufc.tv/video/ufc-189 SD and HD options on there.

The 59.99 is likely the years sub to fight pass you are looking at. If you just want this fight you buy the event, if you want a free month of fight pass (doesnt include PPV fights) you can sign up for a free month but need to make sure to unsubscribe before they charge you after that. But you can pay per month if you do want fight pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Axwell wrote: »
    http://www.ufc.tv/video/ufc-189 SD and HD options on there.

The 59.99 is likely the years sub to fight pass you are looking at. If you just want this fight you buy the event, if you want a free month of fight pass (doesnt include PPV fights) you can sign up for a free month but need to make sure to unsubscribe before they charge you after that. But you can pay per month if you do want fight pass.

So i was thinking along the same lines and just said id pull the trigger and see what ill be paying at the end rather than paying attention to the big $59.99 price.

Attached is a small screenshot from the checkout screen, showing i'm ordering the "UFC 189 Mendes vs McGregor in HD" event, in HD for a total of $59.99.

Considering i could upgrade my subscription to UPC much cheaper to catch the fight, i'm convinced i'm doing something wrong here because there is no way it can cost that much - but i'm at a loss

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Hmm not sure to be honest, I signed in there to check and I can buy it for 17.99 in HD - shows that price on the payment page and all. But I do have a fight pass subscription going back a few month. I know there was a price hike on PPV events mentioned back in January (see link) but I have definitely bought events this year as PPV for the normal price of 15.99/17.99

http://mmapayout.com/2015/01/ufc-increases-ppv-prices-for-scheduled-2015-events/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

So i was thinking along the same lines and just said id pull the trigger and see what ill be paying at the end rather than paying attention to the big $59.99 price.

Attached is a small screenshot from the checkout screen, showing i'm ordering the "UFC 189 Mendes vs McGregor in HD" event, in HD for a total of $59.99.

Considering i could upgrade my subscription to UPC much cheaper to catch the fight, i'm convinced i'm doing something wrong here because there is no way it can cost that much - but i'm at a loss

Are you in the US?
    It says billing address is the us in your pic.

• Advertisement

Hmm not sure to be honest, I signed in there to check and I can buy it for 17.99 in HD - shows that price on the payment page and all. But I do have a fight pass subscription going back a few month. I know there was a price hike on PPV events mentioned back in January (see link) but I have definitely bought events this year as PPV for the normal price of 15.99/17.99

http://mmapayout.com/2015/01/ufc-increases-ppv-prices-for-scheduled-2015-events/

Thanks for checking :-)

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Are you in the US?

Good spot - thats probably your issue then. As per the link I put in last post in the US its gonna be 59.99 it seems

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Are you in the US?

No I'm not......but our computers in the office are working of US based servers.

That's most likely the problem - nicely spotted. I'll have a look on a non networked system when I get a chance

Confirmed guys - Phew!

Pulling the trigger now and looking forward to what seems will be a good fight-night.

Thanks so much fro your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

$59.99 is the US PPV price. Those lads get rode on everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

RoboRat wrote: »
    Whilst I would love to go to Harrys, being there from 9.30 would be a disaster for me. I think I will hit the hay early, get up around 2am and tune in for Neils fight :-)

Neil will be on around half 12 mate.

Neil will be on around half 12 mate.

Damn world clock, well less sleep for me then!

Thanks for the heads up :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Does anyone know if SD on UFC.tv is a decent quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Does anyone know if SD on UFC.tv is a decent quality?

Its totally fine but lacks the crispness of HD. For the sake of €2 ( that right? ) i'd just get the HD but each to their own . SD will be perfectly viewable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Hoki wrote: »
    Its totally fine but lacks the crispness of HD. For the sake of €2 ( that right? ) i'd just get the HD but each to their own . SD will be perfectly viewable.

I want to make sure I have a consistent stream without stuttering/skipping from trying to stream HD video when SD is a good quality rather than 'save' €2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Purchased the fight in HD through UFC.tv there now for €17.99.
    Does that include the undercard fights or not does anyone know?

It's a little unclear on their website.

No that's the main PPV card - undercard isnt included.

No that's the main PPV card - undercard isnt included.

Cheers for the quick reply.

So what do I need to purchase (if anything) to watch the undercard? Would like to watch Pendred's fight.

According to http://www.ufc.tv/events , the UFC 189 Prelims is listed as "Free".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah the prelims are free so you should be able to watch Cathal, the only additional cost is if you want the "Exclusive Fight Pass Prelims" (Neil Seery's fight in these) which are €7.99.. or take out a Fight Pass free trial!

There is 2 sets of prelims, the fight pass ones Seery is on - that's 2 fights.

Then you have the normal undercard which is the Fox Sports 1 prelims but seems to be listed as free, probably to entice PPV sales.

http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC189

As Maxi said if you dont have it sign up for a fight pass trial the day before but just make sure to cancel it as it auto renews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,062 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

lertsnim wrote: »
    $59.99 is the US PPV price. Those lads get rode on everything.

AFAIK It's because of the distribution deal with the satellite PPV provider. UFC aren't allowed to undercut them online website. Same here in Australia, ufc.tv PPV is $49 (SD) to $59 (HD).

UK and Ireland really have a great deal atm.

Does anyone know what fights Setanta are showing, is it just the main card (5 fights) or also the prelims?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

RoboRat wrote: »
    Does anyone know what fights Setanta are showing, is it just the main card (5 fights) or also the prelims?

Also the pre lims just not the two fight pass prelims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's just an old picture, going by the rest of the poster their photoshop skills aren't the best :pac:

Would they have a licence for that?

nm wrote: »
    They photoshopped off his tattoos.. wtf? Weird

It's prob just a photo from before the tattoos. I'd guess it's from the first time in Boston vrs Holloway

Mellor wrote: »
    AFAIK It's because of the distribution deal with the satellite PPV provider. UFC aren't allowed to undercut them online website. Same here in Australia, ufc.tv PPV is $49 (SD) to $59 (HD).

UK and Ireland really have a great deal atm.

I thought I read something on the FAQ of UFC.tv about blackout of the event in the UK? Probably due to BT Sports coverage?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

nm wrote: »
    They photoshopped off his tattoos.. wtf? Weird

I saw that picture on Facebook a few days ago and someone mentioned that in the comments too.
    According to the organiser, he had to use that image because of "the UFC practically owning McGregors likeness" or something to that effect. (I'm paraphrasing)
    Not sure how true that is but it sounds like he was covering his ass just in case.

• Advertisement

El Guapo! wrote: »
    I saw that picture on Facebook a few days ago and someone mentioned that in the comments too.
    According to the organiser, he had to use that image because of "the UFC practically owning McGregors likeness" or something to that effect. (I'm paraphrasing)
    Not sure how true that is but it sounds like he was covering his ass just in case.

Tbh if that were true, then they own that image too as its equally his likeness.

Advertisement