Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost/Stolen annual travel pass

Options
  • 04-07-2015 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭

My wallet was lost or stolen yesterday (pick pocket) and my annual suburban irish rail commuter card was in it. I understand it costs €15 to replace it but I was wondering how long it takes to get a new one a a I need it asap for work. I informed the administrators in my workplace via a logged helpdesk request yesterday afternoon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Generally a matter of days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

Presuming it is taxsaver, Irish rail will deal with it instantly, just get a letter from your employer stating they are aware you lost it along with reg no etc and bring it to the taxsaver office in Connolly station. It's in a corner sidedoor at the far end of Connolly, but its only open monday-friday

Mine was lost and they couldn't replace it instantly as there were issues but they gave me a pass to last me until the replacement card was issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭billyhead

thomasj wrote: »
    Presuming it is taxsaver, Irish rail will deal with it instantly, just get a letter from your employer stating they are aware you lost it along with reg no etc and bring it to the taxsaver office in Connolly station. It's in a corner sidedoor at the far end of Connolly, but its only open monday-friday

Mine was lost and they couldn't replace it instantly as there were issues but they gave me a pass to last me until the replacement card was issued.

Thanks for the feedback. Do you to think I would be allowed to use the train to get to work in the morning without the need for a ticket if I bring work photo id and explain that I lost the pass

• Registered Users Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

billyhead wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback. Do you to think I would be allowed to use the train to get to work in the morning without the need for a ticket if I bring work photo id and explain that I lost the pass

No - you will need to buy a ticket until you get your replacement annual pass.

I'm afraid it is your responsibility to have a valid ticket for every journey you make.

Without meaning to sound harsh, it was your fault that the ticket was lost/stolen. Unfortunately that means you have to buy a ticket.

If you don't buy one, you risk being slapped with a penalty fare.

Advertisement