Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need new printer reccomend!

Options
  • 20-06-2015 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭

budget around 100

not too pushed about print quality or colour.

Must have scan facility.

Would like wireless but beggars cant be choosers.

easy to get cartridges /generics/refills.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jimlynch123

Hi,,,,I bought HP Envy 5530 in Currys recently think i paid 80 euro ,,i see its reduced now to 69 euro,,so far i think its great used it to scan documents and fast at printing,,best thing is it is wireless,so once you have everything set up,away you go,i checked price of refills before i decided to buy and they are cheaper then most around 32 i think.

Won't allow me to post a link as saying new user just enter search in currys for HP ENVY 5530 All-in-One Wireless Inkjet Printer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Cool, I caught a glimpse of a Cannon wifi one in Lidl tomorrow so I can compare and contrast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Hi,,,,I bought HP Envy 5530 in Currys recently think i paid 80 euro ,,i see its reduced now to 69 euro,,so far i think its great used it to scan documents and fast at printing,,best thing is it is wireless,so once you have everything set up,away you go,i checked price of refills before i decided to buy and they are cheaper then most around 32 i think.

Won't allow me to post a link as saying new user just enter search in currys for HP ENVY 5530 All-in-One Wireless Inkjet Printer

Hi Jimlynch123 , I took your advice and went for the HP envy 5530 in the end.

There was another contender in Curry's/PC World if anyone is interested (better than the one on offer from Lidl since Monday) It's a Cannon Pixma 3250 for €54.99 http://www.pcworld.ie/product/pixma-mg3250-wireless-allinone-inkjet-printer/315048/400.0.0 . It actually has a better print quality than the Envy 5530 but I had a cannon before and just wanted to try a different brand. Cannon's are a bit more clunky and noisy where as this HP is a bit quieter and a little easier to set up.

Wireless is great and you can also download a HPePrint app to print from your phone/tablet.. it's a bit wierd that you can't select to specify what pages you can print from though (you have to print the whole document.. but you can edit the document and deltete the relevant pages out and then print!).

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jimlynch123

Hi glad it worked out for you,,and yes i find it very quiet and wireless is way to go,with HP e-print being able to print no matter where you are can be handy.As far as I,m aware before i send to print you can alter what pages you want printed..On left hand side there are options to change destination printer and under that it says,,, pages " all" is default and under that if you click on space you can select what pages you want printed.,,,,,,,,,,Hope this is of help to you

Advertisement