Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sloppy box and weak horn.

• 09-02-2014 1:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭

So my gearbox feels very sloppy, the gear stick is very loose between gears but has not yet been difficult to get into gear. The car is a 1.8TDCi Mondeo 2008. DMF & Clutch kit changed last May. I'm thinking the selectors may need changing. Any ideas?

Also my horn is gone very weak, from a good loud blast to sounding like it belongs in a cheap small nasty car from the 70's. Would I be better just getting one from motor factors and hope it has a good blast from it or just buy from a dealer and keep it sounding like it should have. I like a good satisfying blast not a weak micra type.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

So my gearbox feels very sloppy, the gear stick is very loose between gears but has not yet been difficult to get into gear. The car is a 1.8TDCi Mondeo 2008. DMF & Clutch kit changed last May. I'm thinking the selectors may need changing. Any ideas?

Also my horn is gone very weak, from a good loud blast to sounding like it belongs in a cheap small nasty car from the 70's. Would I be better just getting one from motor factors and hope it has a good blast from it or just buy from a dealer and keep it sounding like it should have. I like a good satisfying blast not a weak micra type.

there is nothing worse than a weak horn.
    did you try cleaning the connectors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Took the car for a spin this evening, must have been up for it, horn working grand now. Might have been from sitting up for a few months. Car was parked more in the sun today so it might have helped dry it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bejubby

Best thread title ive seen on boards in a while.
    Should send it to after hours for the crack.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

"Also my horn is gone very weak, from a good loud blast to sounding like it belongs in a cheap small nasty car from the 70's."

A horn that worked with satisfaction in the 70's might well need a little attention to perform properly 40+ years later.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

magentis wrote: »
    there is nothing worse than a weak horn.
    did you try cleaning the connectors?
    The weak horn you could live with. Its the sloppy box that'd worry me.

As previously mentioned, a gem of a thread title :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement