Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was this comedy short?

Options
  • 31-12-2014 4:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to remember a short comedy one off that I saw on the telly in the late 70s or early 80s.The scenario was a chauffeur who was wheeling his employer ,a rich old man in a wheelchair in I think maybe a park.The old man is reading a newspaper and somehow the wheelchair starts rolling down a hill by itself.The chauffeur,who is dressed in a uniform chases after him.All this time the old guy keeps reading his paper and is unaware of whats happening.My memories of it are pretty hazy but by the end of the short the old lad is in a limo and the same thing happens again it rolls off down a hill with the chauffeur chasing after it. It had a kind of Benny Hill feel to it with no dialogue and kind of speeded up action.I'm pretty sure it was a one off along the lines of "The Plank" and not a sketch from a series.I saw it on RTE but I'd say it was British.Anyone know what it might be?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I remember towards the end the wheelchair rolls into a zoo followed by the chaffeur.He is then chased out by either a bear or a gorilla (a guy in an unconvincing suit) all in Benny Hill type speeded up action.Is it ringing any bells?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ttenneb

Could it have been the Dick Emery Show? Or Mike and Bernie Winters?

ttenneb wrote: »
    Could it have been the Dick Emery Show? Or Mike and Bernie Winters?

Don't think it was the former as it diden't seem to fit his short sketch formula.I'm not familiar with the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Sounds like a Dave Allen type sketch.

Ann22 wrote: »
    Sounds like a Dave Allen type sketch.

Maybe,his sketches were generaly fairly short though,like a minitue or so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement