Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical card and GP

Options
  • 13-04-2012 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭

So the wife got her medical card today, I got one as well. On the card, there is the name of her family doctor, but I have a different one.

Now, I would like to keep my own GP, since I trust her 100%. The wife's GP would not be an option for me.

My question is, do I have to go to the GP, whose name is printed on the card, or can I still go to my own GP?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Annabella1

Go to reception of your chosen doctor with your New Medical Card.You can sign a 'Change of Doctor' form which the Practice will post off.You should have a new MC shortly afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

sorry but were you waiting long for the card?

i sent my form of yesterday so wounding how long it will be

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Annabella1 wrote: »
    Go to reception of your chosen doctor with your New Medical Card.You can sign a 'Change of Doctor' form which the Practice will post off.You should have a new MC shortly afterwards

Thanks. I will do that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

lisar816 wrote: »
    sorry but were you waiting long for the card?

i sent my form of yesterday so wounding how long it will be

The wife was first applying in November last year, shortly after she was made redundant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Lars1916 wrote: »
    The wife was first applying in November last year, shortly after she was made redundant.
    thank you

• Advertisement
Advertisement