Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rich man poor man

• 09-04-2009 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Anyone remember this TV mini series?
    Was it about 2 brothers? One rich and th eother poor :)
    I vaguely remmeber a baddie in it called Valkenedy I think

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Yah I remember it, Nick Nolte was one of the brothers. It was base on a really bad Jeffrey Archer novel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

The novel was by Irwin Shaw as far as I remember. I think Ed Asner was the dad. Don't remember who played the other brother. He was a dark haired guy anyway.

No, you are right it was Irwin Shaw. I was getting it mixed up with "Not a penny more, not a penny less"

Peter Strauss was the other brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Rich Man, Poor Man (1976) starred Peter Strauss and Nick Nolte as the Jordashe brothers, Rudy and Tom.

The bad guy mentioned above was Falconetti, played by William Smith, who also starred as Jack Wilson, Philo Beddoe's main protagonist in the Clint Eastwood comedy, Any Which Way You Can.

He also featured, it would appear, in every high profile U.S. TV series in the '60s, '70s and '80s, and even a few in the '90s:
    The Asphalt Jungle
    Perry Mason
    The Alfred Hitchcock Hour
    Wagon Train
    Batman
    I Dream of Jeannie
    Lassie
    Daniel Boone
    Bearcats!
    Columbo
    Mission: Impossible
    Kung Fu
    Ironside
    The Streets of San Francisco
    The Six Million Dollar Man
    The Rockford Files
    Planet of the Apes
    Gunsmoke
    Barnaby Jones
    Logan's Run
    Vega$
    Trapper John, M.D.
    Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
    Hawaii Five-O
    Fantasy Island
    The Dukes of Hazzard
    Matt Houston
    The Fall Guy
    CHiPs
    Knight Rider
    Benson
    Scarecrow and Mrs. King
    Hardcastle and McCormick
    T.J. Hooker
    Simon & Simon
    The A-Team
    Highway to Heaven
    Airwolf
    The Twilight Zone
    Murder, She Wrote
    Due South
    Walker, Texas Ranger
    Nash Bridges

Oh, and he was also Conan's Da! :D

Dr. David Banner......aka The Incredible Hulk.......aka Bill Bixby directed one of the episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sorry for bumping this, watching for the first time on youtube since it was broadcast in 1976,77. In what episode does Falconetti (William Hill) make the first appearance on an episode, its not listed in IMDB nor Wikipedia.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah worked it out in the end, I won't spoil it for anyone.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

I remember being allowed stay up to see the last episode when it was on TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Caught a glimpse of this thread last week and decided to watch it again. Have just finished watching it.
    As brilliant as it was all those years ago :) They don't make em like that anymore!

I'm going to watch book 2 in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭cml387

I remember much amusement at the time when we discovered that the character we all knew as Falcon Eddy was in fact Falconetti.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭Azatadine

cml387 wrote: »
    I remember much amusement at the time when we discovered that the character we all knew as Falcon Eddy was in fact Falconetti.

Ha, yep, when I was a kid he was Falcon Eddie too. He was a great character. Bad to the bone.

Advertisement