Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Best restaurant in Italian Quarter

• 14-01-2009 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi there,

Could anybody tell me which restaurant, in their opinion, is good in the Italian Quarter, or is it better to head to an Italian elsewhere?

Thanks!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Er, Italian quarter? Where are you talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

EileenG wrote: »
    Er, Italian quarter? Where are you talking about?

the italian quartrer or millenium walkway is in north dublin city centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Calling it the "Italian Quarter" is like calling Drury Street "Chinatown". Or (as I once read in some insane and little-travelled estate agent's blurb) calling Monasterevin "the Venice of Ireland".

Don't be fooled, it's only one tiny deli and a couple of cafés.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 muso

I know it's only a few restaurants/cafés. I was asking which was the best in people's opinion. As far as I know, it's known as the 'Italian Quarter', whether it deserves that title or not, and was only using the correct name!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Not having a go at you muso, just taking the p!ss out of a certain set of misconceptions we seem to have about our country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Sandraf

Hiya

Having tried them all if you really have to go to the italian quarter I'd go for Bar Italia.

On the other hand if you want a nice reputable restaurant rather than just an after work type of place you could head for Dame Street and go to Nicos Italian Restaurant. Its been done up in the last few months and, in my opinion, is still the best italian in town !

Enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

Bar Italia is awful, I don't think that there is any valuable restaurant in that 'quarter'.

The best italian in town is my home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Sandraf

And your address is ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

can't disclose :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭TeenageKicks

Does Dublin have a Sardinian restaraunt?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭lorna100

Bar Italia without a doubt - and outside 'the italian quarter' any of the dunne and crecenzis are good (they own and operate bar italia) - sandymount, dundrum, town and they also have a cafe thingy in the epicurean center. Second to none with italian food in dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DublinPretense

I know it's a chain but Carluccio's is good for coffee & wine. x (On the corner of Dame Street).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

The food in bar italia is ok but the service in there is awful.

There are a couple of Italian restaurants on Parliament St and the one up beside The Front Lounge is fairly nice.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

matrim wrote: »
    There are a couple of Italian restaurants on Parliament St and the one up beside The Front Lounge is fairly nice.

Think the one you're talking about is Cafe Topolis, its got a red canopy outside.. if thats the one, then its one of my fav italian restaurants in Dublin. Have eaten there about 100 times over the years and never had a complaint..

Cheap n cheerful.. always good service and nice atmospehere..

Only bad bit is that it can get a bit drafty upstairs in winter (Bloody smokers!! :D )so get a table downstairs in the basement if you can..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Think the one you're talking about is Cafe Topolis, its got a red canopy outside.. if thats the one, then its one of my fav italian restaurants in Dublin. Have eaten there about 100 times over the years and never had a complaint..

Yeah, thats the one I mean. I've been there a few times and really like it

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭golfpaul

ToxicPaddy wrote: »

Cheap n cheerful.. always good service and nice atmospehere..

Only bad bit is that it can get a bit drafty upstairs in winter (Bloody smokers!! :D )so get a table downstairs in the basement if you can..

+1 on Cafe Topolis always good and super value.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I've found La Caverna in Temple Bar...not too far from the 'Italian Quarter' to be very good. Pricey enough but value for money nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

If Boojum counts as a restaurant then I'm shocked and amazed that no-one has mentioned it.. saying that, it probably wouldn't count as a restaurant but still it's damn good :pac:

Top quality Mexican food at a great price that leaves you feeling full afterwards. The staff are super friendly and always up for a chat. Also, the beer is cheap considering the prices in some places. (3 euro for a bottle of Sol/Desperados)

I've always said that if locals/natives eat in a restaurant then it has to be a good place. The last time I was there, a full Mariachi band eating their lunch in full costume. If that doesn't prove it's a good Mexican then I don't know what would!

If you're looking for a restaurant to have a full meal for an hour or two then you may not want to choose Boojum but if you're in the area, looking for a quick, hearty, cheap meal then go to the BEST Mexican in Dublin. Seriously, it is amazing and once you try it you'll be hooked for life! (Coming from someone with 29 stamps on his loyalty card :pac:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

This thread is 3 years old. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement