Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Cartoon VHS - HELP!!!

Options
  • 17-02-2015 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭

Right this has me right on the brink at this stage!

Years ago I was given a video with a few cartoons on it. The video case was one of the cardboard sleeves and if i remember right it was kinda blue and white pinstripes around the main picture on the front. I was given it in around 1990 but its probably even older

The main cartoon was about a castle made of teeth being attacked (and was also the main picture on the front of the case). I cant remember very much about this unfotunately :(
    The second cartoon was a kinda cheesy tour of the usa. I rememember scenes like a very un PC Cotton Bowl that was just a load of coloured people picking cotton and Texas being depicted as massive.
    Unfortunately I cant remember the 3rd one at all. It could have been something about a wolf playing piano in a forest cabin but that could be me getting mixed up too :/

Does anybody have any recollection of anything like this at all? :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭vandriver

Castle made of teeth sounds like Castle Grayskull (or too obvious?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Count Duckula?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Nope. Didnt contain any famous characters. They were definitely one shot things instead of a series
    I know im being very vague but 25 years is a long time :o

Can anyone even remember the VHS series. There was definitely a few of them.
    All one shots with 3/4 cartoons on each and the same style case?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The castle made of teeth being attacked sounds like a reference to tooth decay.It sounds like it was an educational video of some sort.

darkdubh wrote: »
    The castle made of teeth being attacked sounds like a reference to tooth decay.It sounds like it was an educational video of some sort.

It definitely was at least partially. Same with the tour of america. It had some facts in there but they were buried amongst ridiculousness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭paulbok

Would it be the Once Upon - Life cartoons?
    Can't link to youtube at the mo.
    Dealt with different parts of the body each episode and teeth were one.
    Brilliant series.
    They had other series including Once Upon a Time - Americas which could well have covered slavery.

Cheers for the memories with that but nope!
    Definitely not that professional :pac:

Its really annoying me now. Gonna have to ask the parents at the weekend since I probably drove them demented watching it :o
    It might have started with Winky or something like that

Found the video too
    6184Z4CJ25L._SL1024_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

I had a few of those videos!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

I had a few of those videos!!!!!!!

Seems like they used to buy rights to really old 40s/50s/60s cartoons and sell them off budget style.
    Found a couple with bugs bunny etc on them

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I had a fair few of those bought in my local newsagent/supermarket/hardware store combo (there's a fantastic description of this shop in the older Stingiest Person thread in AH...). One of them was missing the last two minutes of the cartoon and I never found out what happened :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ohh my god this gave me flashbacks to some random cartoon I had on VHS as well as a kid.

I managed to actually find an entire collection of them on YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na5a7Z-42Z0

The cartoons around the 1hr mark were on the tape for about thirty or fourty minutes or so.

No idea how old I was when I used to watch them though. Just rewatched all of them there, wow that really has taken me back.

Advertisement