Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mercedes M271 timing chain Kit

Options
  • 25-02-2014 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi All , I am looking to see if anyone has a timing chain kit to fit a mercedes e200 Kompressor 06 model, The chain has jumped a tooth and the kit makes the job a little easier to replace the chain, I only need to have a look at the kit and take some measurements as I will machine one . The problem is I cant dind dimensions anywhere on the net.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭p.e.s.

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭vw4life

What tool are you looking for exactly, the tool for locking the camshafts, the meshing tool or the chain riveter

vw4life wrote: »
    What tool are you looking for exactly, the tool for locking the camshafts, the meshing tool or the chain riveter

Hi. I am looking for the cam locking tool and the meshing tool. I have a chain breaker and riveter. I only need to get measurements and draw a template.

You could easily replace the chain without them, the meshing tool is useless anyway .

You could easily replace the chain without them, the meshing tool is useless anyway .

I know it can be done without the kit. But I will be doing the job on my own and the tools act as another pair of hands. It should make a little easier

• Advertisement

Well if you use the meshing tool it actually makes it more awkward, I stopped using it years ago. You can buy the camshaft locking tool from Mercedes or ebay, its quite cheap.

The kit is around 200 St. But I will never use it again

Well if you use the meshing tool it actually makes it more awkward, I stopped using it years ago. You can buy the camshaft locking tool from Mercedes or ebay, its quite cheap.

Thanks for letting me get the measurements and stencil of the timing tools today . :D

Advertisement