Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BTEA in the summer but also new baby?

• 11-04-2012 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, I'm trying to understand my situation through the social welfare site but am still not sure...

I'm currently on btea and my first question is, should I be re-applying now to switch back onto Jobseekers Allowance or does this switch automatically at end of May/June?

Also - I will be giving birth same week college ends - so with new baby I won't be actually able to 'jobseek' over summer so should I be applying now for a diff social payment?!
    As I had ran out of stamps that entitled me to jobseekers benefit, I was on a lower payment through jobseekers allowance before I began college course but this lower payment won't be nearly enough to cover expenses, espec with new baby - what benefits should I be claiming?

Current situation is:

Partner works p/time (20-25hrs) on min wage
    I am student in receipt btea
    Partner has maintenance order for E75 to his child each week
    We have dependant toddler at home so receive E140 child ben per month
    Soon to have another dependant
    No other income

Any info greatly appreciated x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

your partner could apply for Family income supplement, for all four of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

When the course year ends you must reapply to go back on JSA for he summer period. Any means that were removed because of the BTEA will be re applied.
    Once your baby is born you can have the child added to the claim which will increase your payment by €29.80 per week. You can continue to be on JSA while having a baby your office can excuse you from signing for 6 weeks. If you can get into your local office in advance of your due date to try to complete your paper work in advance, they will hopefully be able to accommodate you.
    Your Child benefit will increase also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bunnies

Thank you, I'll tell him to do that meg and thanks sue ellen, I'm glad to know I'll have 6wks to get my head tgedr after birth :) and I forgot the baby can be added to payment

Advertisement