Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym In Tralee

Options
  • 24-09-2013 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi everyone,

I'm spending a month in Tralee on placement starting next Monday. Was looking into joining a gym for the month. I'm staying out by the Manor West Hotel so looked into that gym first but it seems pretty small, free weight only up to 25kg dumbbells and no squat rack etc. and 70 quid for the months membership.

Rang BTS Gym in the Manor business park (http://www.btsfitness.ie/) and it seems like a pretty good set up, they're charging 50 quid for the months membership.

Any recommendations or advice would be much appreciated. Is there a better place further afield? I'll be cycling so obviously not too far from the hospital ideally.

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

fionn14 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm spending a month in Tralee on placement starting next Monday. Was looking into joining a gym for the month. I'm staying out by the Manor West Hotel so looked into that gym first but it seems pretty small, free weight only up to 25kg dumbbells and no squat rack etc. and 70 quid for the months membership.

Rang BTS Gym in the Manor business park (http://www.btsfitness.ie/) and it seems like a pretty good set up, they're charging 50 quid for the months membership.

Any recommendations or advice would be much appreciated. Is there a better place further afield? I'll be cycling so obviously not too far from the hospital ideally.

Thanks!

if you are into weights, there is a gym in Manor called Hercules fitness centre. Its run by a Polish guy. They do a lot of weights, as well as cardio machines. My husband goes there and likes it. There are a good few guys in there doing body building training, but don't let that put you off!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hercules-TBC/455977767803723?id=455977767803723&sk=info

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Manor west has a gym aswell as far as I know.

Hercules is a nice gym, but it is a primarly power lifter/body building gym but at the same time don't let that stop you.

BTS just does not feel like a gym to me, very poorly laid out imo, and wooden floors in a gym? :confused:, but the membership includes exterior classes like pilates, yoga, and kettle bells.

The complex is alright too but can get fairly busy.

The carlton hotel has a gym but I don't know what kind of set up that has.

The brandon hotel does not offer monthly memberships.

Considering you only need it for a month go with BTS if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭shergar22

fionn14 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Thanks!

The Better Half is inside in BTS and is very pleased with it, both in terms of advice, range of classes and equipment.

Have a chat with Niall, the owner and explain that you're only around for a month. I'm sure he'd do you some kind of short-term deal to cover your stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

have a look at the sports complex they have a gym and some weights and machines €65 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fionn14

Thanks Everyone. Went with BTS. It's a weird lay out alright but I kind of like it. It's been very quiet whenever I've been there (between 1600 and 1800) and they have most things you'd need, although a few obvious bits and bobs are missing. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement