Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox News Promotes the use of Verichip implants in Alzheimer's patients

Options
  • 10-04-2009 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

US Propaganda channel Fox News promotes the use Verichip Implants in Alzheimer's patients. It helps patients identify themselves that cannot tell who they really are any more. 100 elderly ain Florida are already injected with them on a trial basis with more on the waiting list for this FREE service.

Verichip have been implanted in about 2000 people so far and Scot Silverman is hoping to have EVERY hospital fitted with scanning equipment.

Scott Silverman, CAO of VeriChip has stated that "This agreement with Medcomp is a validation of our technology for healthcare applications above and beyond our core market of patient identification. Not only will we be selling a smaller version of our microchip, but we also expect to offer the VeriMed Health Link patient identification service at a reduced rate to all patients who receive a Medcomp vascular port."

I personally believe that the Verichip / Verimed is far too big and to be accepted on a large scale. Hidden under the skin it will show up as a visible lump. There has also been carcinogenic issues with using the current version on animals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAI2-_hnFH0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Well now the NWO can keep track of all those Alzheimer patients that have been opposing them.

So tell us is it in their hand and forehead?

And by promote you mean report?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

So its a volunteer scheme for people suffering from an illness that can effect memory and perception. Your point is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Diogenes wrote: »
    So its a volunteer scheme for people suffering from an illness that can effect memory and perception. Your point is?
    Volunteer scheme for those that are incapable of deciding whether they want them or not, just like cats & dogs.

Volunteer scheme for those that are incapable of deciding whether they want them or not, just like cats & dogs.
    Or their immediate family or whoever is their legal guardian.
    But don't let facts stand in your way.

King Mob wrote: »
    Or their immediate family or whoever is their legal guardian.
    Just like the immediate owners of cats and dogs.

• Advertisement

Just like the immediate owners of cats and dogs.
    Except there is legal reasons for why the immidate family would act on the persons behalf. In fact you can have stuff like that put into you're will.

It's not even like owning a pet. To suggest otherwise is simply ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭fictionaire

I think the replies so far might be missing the implied point... its about gradual acceptance.

First we implant our pets, then undesirables (paroled prisoners) moving to the disadvantage of society (those with disabilities, diseases etc...) finally being promoted to the younger generation through fiction, be it in books, cartoons or movies so when this generation comes of age it is vastly more acceptable than to us as we are. Only time will tell.

How can this technology be used? Have a look at the work of José Manuel Rodriguez Delgado.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

TBH as someone who has a family member with Alzheimers, I'd welcome this. There have been a few times where she would wander. If she had a Verichip then whoever found her could have easily taken her to a hospital or wherever and the Verichip would have our family details to contact us or the nursing home.

My friend's grandmother had alzheimers and she got a taxi down to cork once, without knowing what she was doing. Would've helped there too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭fictionaire

Purple Gorilla, I empathize and can see you point of view and why this technology would be useful.

When something is being promoted, you never hear of its negatives.

Purple Gorilla, I empathize and can see you point of view and why this technology would be useful.

And when people oppose something (for whatever reason), sometimes they exaggerate and make stuff up.

• Advertisement

TBH as someone who has a family member with Alzheimers, I'd welcome this.
    The system is only as good as the equipment that goes with it i.e. electronic portals, scanners, etc handed out to those in charge.
    There have been a few times where she would wander. If she had a Verichip then whoever found her could have easily taken her to a hospital or wherever and the Verichip would have our family details to contact us or the nursing home.
    Who would have these scanners if an old one goes astray outside a nursing home? the Authorities :eek:
    My friend's grandmother had Alzheimer's and she got a taxi down to cork once, without knowing what she was doing. Would've helped there too
    How could it have helped, the Taxi driver is hardly going to scan her before she enters the cab. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

I know the negatives...but if we can limit it to people who need it, then what's wrong?

I know the negatives...but if we can limit it to people who need it, then what's wrong?
    Then sex offenders, parole prisoners, infants, HIV/Aids patients, the military, and so on until the device eventually becomes a convenience and everyone will want one. :p

Appropriate cartoon. :)

df20060116.jpg

Then sex offenders, parole prisoners, infants, HIV/Aids patients, the military, and so on until the device eventually becomes a convenience and everyone will want one. :p

Appropriate cartoon. :)

If you're worried about carrying around a mobile phone, you could, y'know, leave it at home. Or not buy one.

Diogenes wrote: »
    If you're worried about carrying around a mobile phone, you could, know, leave it at home. Or not buy one.
    Verichip is IMPLANTED in the body and will bond within the flesh within 24 hours using their patented "Durabond", this prevents migration within the body. They also require surgical removal which will leave a scar.

Mobile phones are transferable and can get lost orr stolen or change handsy. Currently there is no legislation to register IMEI OR Sim cards in Ireland but this is something that we can expect within the near future as a counter "crime & terrorism measure" possibly brought in by the EU, the UK is currently looking into it.

There is No comparrison between Verichip and Mobile phones.

There is No comparrison between Verichip and Mobile phones.

Then why post that cartoon?
    Verichip is IMPLANTED in the body and will bond within the flesh within 24 hours using their patented "Durabond", this prevents migration within the body. They also require surgical removal which will leave a scar.

Mobile phones are transferable and can get lost orr stolen or change handsy. Currently there is no legislation to register IMEI OR Sim cards in Ireland but this is something that we can expect within the near future as a counter "crime & terrorism measure" possibly brought in by the EU, the UK is currently looking into it.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::pac::pac::pac::p:p:(:D

Just for you baby
    The sun'll come out
    Tomorrow
    Bet your bottom dollar
    That tomorrow
    There'll be sun!

Just thinkin' about
    Tomorrow
    Clears away the cobwebs,
    And the sorrow
    'Til there's none!

When I'm stuck a day
    That's gray,
    And lonely,
    I just stick out my chin
    And Grin,
    And Say,
    Oh!

The sun'll come out
    Tomorrow
    So ya gotta hang on
    'Til tomorrow
    Come what may
    Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
    I love ya Tomorrow!
    You're always
    A day
    A way!

Next time you claim something is about to happen "in the near future" but don't say how you know this, or when it's going to happen, I'm posting a youtube link to annie.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I wouldn't recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

This would only be useful on people in the early stages of alzheimers. Once the disease progresses they struggle to walk/open doors and eventually end up bed ridden. I'd say it will be pushed by insurance companies to save profits :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I would worry about this sort of technology, some of us may rail against it and attempt resistance, but as long as the general populationare sheeple and go along because 'its for their own good' then we are left in an untennable position as a minority without access to services.

Advertisement