Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unclear Complexion

Options
  • 12-01-2008 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

Lad, mid-twenties.
    I tried to go unreg for this but I can't answer the verification question correctly and I tried several times
    Mods, issue with mac users?

Since I was 15 or I've had several blackheads on my face.
    I assumed they would be gone by age 19-20 but still here. WTF?

I've tried most commerical solutions, Clearasil, Nivea for Men, etc.
    But no results! Any suggestions?

Also, I'd like to add that I'm of average fitness
    But I walk 15 minutes in work each day and my face is beetroot red! I could accept this is I was an unfit slob but why does this happen if I am cardiovascular fit? It's frustrating.
    I'll add that I've a very fair complexion and I can be sunburned easily.

Is a visit to a dermotologist in order? Note I know this is not a medical forum

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

you could try a facial from a beautician that could clear it up for up, i use "simple" exfoliator but only started it a few days ago seems to be clearing up my skin good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

First of all, In my experience over-thecounter stuff tends not to work.
    Clearasil etc is a nono for me.

secondly, wash your face every morning. I found that to be the biggest help

Third, see a doctor. They can prescrive you the right thing.

For me, keeping clean shaven also worked. Dunno why but the blade kept my skin in good nick.

Most importantly: dont pick at spots. Definetly causes a lotta damage.

I'm no expert but I read somewhere that sweat causes it a lot. YOur working out etc could be making it worse if you don't wipe the sweat away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I'd like to add that once a year, usually in the cold, sharp days of Spring my skin starts flaking badly for about two weeks.
    So you can see dried, dead skin on my face though I tried to wash it several times a day.

Sure exfoliators and moisturizer help but it's doesn't prevent this.

I don't have spots so that's not an issue. Just blackheads and if I don't tackle this issue now, I could here in 12 months time looking for more advice.

I have seen a GP and was told not to worry and not given any prescription.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

micmclo wrote: »
    I'd like to add that once a year, usually in the cold, sharp days of Spring my skin starts flaking badly for about two weeks.
    So you can see dried, dead skin on my face though I tried to wash it several times a day.

Sure exfoliators and moisturizer help but it's doesn't prevent this.

I don't have spots so that's not an issue. Just blackheads and if I don't tackle this issue now, I could here in 12 months time looking for more advice.

I have seen a GP and was told not to worry and not given any prescription.

You can get these strips that rip the blackheads out.

I only have one or two but I tried them out anyway.

They did the trick.

Advertisement