Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First registered or year of manufacture?

Options
  • 13-08-2007 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering if you have any information on this.

I'm looking to import a UK car which has a X reg which means it was registered between September 2000 and February 2001.

Now I found out the vehicle was first registered in the UK on the 29th of January 2001 but the car was actually manufactured in December 2000.

What I would like to know is when registering the car here, will I get a 00 or a 01 reg plate? Do they go by the date of manufacture or date of first registration?

Regards,
    Richard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

01, the date of first registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭rpg

Anan1 wrote:
    Phew! That's great, thanks. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Anan1 wrote:

Second that, defo year of registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Yep - I agree with the above posts. A mate of mine bought a Seat Ibiza - it's got 2004 plates, but a quick look at the chassis number revealed that it was a 2002 model. It had been lying in stock for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

vrt will screw you over on it being a 01 rather than a 00 too though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

I assume the same would apply to a motorcycle?
    I brought one over from England that was first registered there in Dec 98, but was manufactuered in 1997 (imported from another country to England)...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

BigCon wrote:
    I brought one over from England that was first registered there in Dec 98, but was manufactuered in 1997 (imported from another country to England)...

yes its always the date registered

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭rpg

draffodx wrote:
    vrt will screw you over on it being a 01 rather than a 00 too though
    You're dead right, just checked it there and its €1,096 dearer to register a January 2001 registered car as opposed to a December 2000 registered car. Car is a BMW 530i.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

BigCon wrote:
    Was it first registered in the other country in 1997? What's important here is the date of first registration anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,945 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Anan1 wrote:
    What's important here is the date of first registration anywhere.

Indeed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement