Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dungarvan

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Andalucia wrote: »
    finish will be very interesting tomorrow, could be carnage coming round that bend in Millstreet with everyone looking for position if its a sprint finish

Very likely to be a Sprint I'd say, definitely going to checkout the final run in before any race starts and carefully at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

worth doing that, sharp little bend which will be quite tight with everyone having the same idea, position going to be all important

How far after the bend is the line?

Are one day licences accepted here?

not sure, would guess its around 1km

check with organisers e 1 day licenses

Andalucia wrote: »
    not sure, would guess its around 1km

check with organisers e 1 day licenses

I have season one just with the good weather the one day lads will be out in force.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

Looked like a nasty crash in a4 race towards the finish. Hope everyone is ok.

One day licences plus fine weather equals far tooany A4 lads imo, 98 in total today which is nuts on a tight last few km.
    Think all who crashed are ok, heard nothing reagrding major injuries at the end. It went down behind me so missed it.

dahat wrote: »
    One day licences plus fine weather equals far tooany A4 lads imo, 98 in total today which is nuts on a tight last few km.
    Think all who crashed are ok, heard nothing reagrding major injuries at the end. It went down behind me so missed it.

I think it's down to the a4 riders too. Too many just sitting waiting for final sprint. Surely if a few went up the road it would split the bunch to pieces like the other categories and even the ladies showed us how it's done.

I think it's down to the a4 riders too. Too many just sitting waiting for final sprint. Surely if a few went up the road it would split the bunch to pieces like the other categories and even the ladies showed us how it's done.

Agreed, it split on Coligan twice but still.too many left in the bunch, a nasty headwind on the N72 didn't help the gallop either as the whole field just sat up.
    Everyone just waits for the Sprint as you said and some are just in the way at the business end. Lads swarming all over the road with no regard for traffic that may arrive on narrow roads is a problem.

• Advertisement

Agreed, it split on Coligan twice but still.too many left in the bunch, a nasty headwind on the N72 didn't help the gallop either as the whole field just sat up.
    Everyone just waits for the Sprint as you said and some are just in the way at the business end. Lads swarming all over the road with no regard for traffic that may arrive on narrow roads is a problem.

Did you manage to get up for the final sprint?

Did you manage to get up for the final sprint?

I went early, 250 out maybe and got a small jump but blew like a bomb with less than 100 left...Had every chance to get a point but tied up badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

Def agree with what you said. I was looking foward to this race it had a class finish and safe as it split the bunch to the line, but when I heard the finish was changed didn't want the usual hairy crazy sprints coming up to the finish, fellas sitting in all day but then deciding to go to the front, problem is not enough room for everyone. 98 riders today also. Irish roads are too poor and narrow for that number.
    Going to stick to race and TT league races more fun and safer.

I was spectating at this today, I have to agree, don't understand the negativity of it at all, driving it up the hill and then everyone sitting up, though I suppose the reward for many of any possible upgrade to A3 is most unwelcome.

lads in A4 just happy to be racing for something to do, though some ultra competitive like the lads sprinting it out for 30th place and 8 minutes behind the winner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Seadin

I went early, 250 out maybe and got a small jump but blew like a bomb with less than 100 left...Had every chance to get a point but tied up badly.

Practice your sprint's.

Go on a open road, pick a point on the road like a telephone pole and sprint as fast as can towards the pole. Repeat this numerous times. Get used of doing it. Even try it if doing a threshold session on the road and then go for it. Get your body used of sprinting when you are in the red.

Most a4 races come down to a sprint. That was my experience when I was racing in A4.

Can someone explain how many points do juniors need to get out of A3? Surprised to see 1-2 of the good ones still in that category.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Seadin wrote:
    Can someone explain how many points do juniors need to get out of A3? Surprised to see 1-2 of the good ones still in that category.

Juniors don't get upgraded at all while still in that category.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Seadin

Juniors don't get upgraded at all while still in that category.

How is that?

There are some there that are placed in every race, but it's not going to make them any better if they can't go up to another level.

Advertisement