Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Giant carbon delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭c50

Did you just come from conspiracy theories forum.

hah. no. I should have known better, cant teach braindeads, ive been working in the industry long enough, not going to say anymore, believe what you want, its a granted fact by the bike industry the world over. if you cant understand that its obviously just because you havent a clue when it comes to the industry...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dantheman89

I can see that a shop in Cork has the TCR adv 1 in in a medium. It's on done deal if any of you are interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Fireblade77

eoz wrote: »
    One tcr advanced for sale size m on done deal if it suits anyone. So this has to mean some stock is arriving.

ya eoz noticed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭nok2008

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Which propel are you thinking about, I enquired about the propel advanced 1 in L but was told that that's sold out totally in my size I didn't even consider the propel advanced 2 as it was a 105 mix on it.

Was thinking propel 2. Will have to double check the site though. As was on about 10 bikes yesterday. Propel 1 just out of finance range

eoz wrote: »
    Will your lbs not give u a discount due to the fact that they cant guarantee you a tcr?

Got a 10% discount already. He was offering better bikes with bigger cut but just too much. A bit out of lbs control with giant Fecking about. also kind of place that I will be looked after down the road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

Cancelled mine. No guarantee that it will even arrive by week 21. Its a pity and bad business. Ordered it in week 45

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Tipperarymike

Am actually in the same boat myself with this, ordered mine in week 42. Was due in the first few weeks of this year. I paid for it back then too so am fairly hacked off over it. I assume getting a refund wont be an issue but that still leaves me with the issue of finding an equivalent bike or brand that I walk out of a shop with.

Anyone have any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Anyone actually seen a tcr advanced 2 in the "flesh"? I saw the advanced 3 in a shop and wasn't impressed, maybe it's just the white and the lower spec groupset.

New defy's look ace though, and I've not been a fan heretofore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

fat bloke wrote: »
    Anyone actually seen a tcr advanced 2 in the "flesh"? I saw the advanced 3 in a shop and wasn't impressed, maybe it's just the white and the lower spec groupset.

Yeah mine is sitting out in the Giant store waiting for me to pick it up (I've attached a pic of it after I put it together in the store a couple of weeks ago).

I learned the hard way last year when trying to get the 2014 TCR Advanced 2 model through a different store, I tried to order it in February 2014 and I was told I was too late, I would need to have ordered it around October. So as soon as Giant announced there new 2015 bikes I ordered it immediately off Giant. I didn't want to risk ordering with another store and missing out again.

From what I learned last year from the store I was trying to order off they had these issues before with being told certain weeks and them being delayed. They now no longer sell Giant bikes which is a shame.

I truly feel for anyone who's missing out or has a delay, it was a kick in the balls for me last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

I paid for it back then too

Did you pay in full, or just a deposit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Tipperarymike

Paid for it in full, main reason being that at that time I had the money saved up for it and decided to spend then. If I left it till now that cash might have been used on something else.

Got the propel adv 2 in the end. Spec not as good as TCR but plenty options to improve!
    Was not waiting 2 months for the tcr. Happy out. Only problem is that bought today and away for next few days so will have to wait for first spin.

nok2008 wrote: »
    Got the propel adv 2 in the end. Spec not as good as TCR but plenty options to improve!
    Was not waiting 2 months for the tcr. Happy out. Only problem is that bought today and away for next few days so will have to wait for first spin.

Congrats Nok, nice bike, Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

Nice bike. Nicer colours than the Propel Advanced One. I've ordered a Trek Emonda sl6 instead. I'll have it next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tibulus

Have a Propel Advanced 1 (Large), ordered in in October, collected it last weekend.

Haven't even brought it for a cycle yet as I was working Saturday, running on Sunday morning and back to Dublin on Sunday evening.

Anyone interested i making an offer?

My LBS will honor the warranty.

Bike is in Longford.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

My LBS were in touch with me this morning about my TCR advanced 1 had an original delivery date of Wk 7, was then moved to Wk 15 but now showing up for delivery in Wk 13 which is next week, so fingers crossed.

Ah great news, I hope my LBS gives me a call soon too.

Just got a call saying my TCR advanced 1 is in this week and will be ready to pick up after Wednesday, I'm having the standard compact chainset and rear cassette swapped out before I take collection of it. I hope it will have been worth the wait.

I got a call today also, week 17 for my tcr.

Well my bike came in earlier this week, went into collect it today but unfortunately the chainset that I was replacing the compact with hadn't come in yet and the wheel set that I ordered separately from Rose bikes still hasn't come, bloody bank holiday weekends :-) Anyway, another couple of days won't hurt I guess.

Atleast I can to actually feel the bike in the flesh and actually have a lift of I, first impressions are very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Well my bike came in earlier this week, went into collect it today but unfortunately the chainset that I was replacing the compact with hadn't come in yet and the wheel set that I ordered separately from Rose bikes still hasn't come, bloody bank holiday weekends :-) Anyway, another couple of days won't hurt I guess.

Atleast I can to actually feel the bike in the flesh and actually have a lift of I, first impressions are very good
    that's a beauty,love the colour,im drooling

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭GAFF

Have a good inspection of bike on collection.
    After collection I noticed an uneven gap between the forks and frame. It turns out there was a burr where the lower bearing sits.
    It appears someone tried to straighten it in factory which damaged the paint.
    Fork & frame are being replaced

GAFF wrote: »
    Have a good inspection of bike on collection.
    After collection I noticed an uneven gap between the forks and frame. It turns out there was a burr where the lower bearing sits.
    It appears someone tried to straighten it in factory which damaged the paint.
    Fork & frame are being replaced

Could you put PIC up of problem so that other people could double check if its a common problem as some people, me especially will take bike without checking everything

I'll be picking up mine hopefully tomorrow, I'll give it a good inspection ok, but would indeed be helpful if I knew what to look out for. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭GAFF

Could you put PIC up of problem so that other people could double check if its a common problem as some people, me especially will take bike without checking everything

See images

GAFF wrote: »
    See images

Thanks. Would be really annoyed if only realised that after leaving shop.

Finally got around to picking up my TCR advanced 1 today, delighted with it now, just ordered the giant ant+ ridesense sensor for it, didn't realise that the TCR was ridesense compatible

8E251417-3A76-4476-8B62-39FD27FE78E0_zps0pi3byok.jpg

DFC47E7F-D0CA-459D-A6E6-57454CF7BD76_zpsc2zxpthb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

cracking bike, had you it on the scales yet?

No, not yet, plan on doing so over the weekend thou.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Lovely bike. Good luck with it.

Advertisement