Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I spoke to God!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Yeah, because the World Trade Centre was ull of evil murdering soldiers :rolleyes:

And Baghdad was too ? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Prove every single word of what you're saying right. Go on.

Dorothy, you do realise you're not in Kansas anymore, this is a discussion
    about faith, not proof :rolleyes:

Or wait, isn't Kansas full of creationists? Maybe you are in Kansas :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Fair play to you OP. I don't know what sort of reception your post will get considering the typically militant anti-religious sentiment on AH.
    I suppose talking to a god is harmless enough, as long as it isn't a substitute for action. Prayers don't pay medical bills or put food on the table. If the god starts talking back to you, however, that's a different kettle of fish ...

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,256 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    And Baghdad was too ? :rolleyes:

Liam, your post is ridiculous!

Where did i say that any other innocent lives were not taken? What are you even talking about?

My reply was to a poster who said that the people who were killed on 9/11 WERE NOT innocent.

Please try harder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

And you believe that?

I believe two planes hit two towers.. and that they were flown by Islamic extremists (they claimed responsibility after all).. I honestly don't know whether the passport was legitimately 'found'.. no more than I know it wasn't. The evidence that exists suggests that it was though.

There's plenty of more credible criticisms and questions about the whole thing than to claim there were no planes on the day.. I know people that witnessed the second one hitting, and it was broadcast live around the world!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

I believe two planes hit two towers.. and that they were flown by Islamic extremists (they claimed responsibility after all).. I honestly don't know whether the passport was legitimately 'found'.. no more than I know it wasn't. The evidence that exists suggests that it was though.

There's plenty of more credible criticisms and questions about the whole thing than to claim there were no planes on the day.. I know people that witnessed the second one hitting, and it was broadcast live around the world!
    Do you believe a plane hit the pentagon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Ah but this is the age of computers, somebody could have easily just created
    those videos on a computer & then the government paid about a million
    people to lie :rolleyes:

I, for one, saw live on the television, the second plane fly toward the tower and hit it.

But i'm sure there's some sort of silly C Theory to contest this. Maybe i had been abducted by aliens? Or i am part of the conspiracy but my memory has been wiped so i don't recall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

bnt wrote: »
    I suppose talking to a god is harmless enough, as long as it isn't a substitute for action. Prayers don't pay medical bills or put food on the table. If the god starts talking back to you, however, that's a different kettle of fish ...

:)

I didn't pray.. I said "Oh Dear God!" out loud in my own house! I gave up praying a long long time ago, I never found it any good.

I think anyway of "he/she" exsisted our world wouldn't be such a mess! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

foxinsox wrote: »
    I spoke to God for the first time in about ten years, the last time I spoke to him was September 11 2001

Whether he exists or not is another matter, but tonight I felt the need to speak to him.

I am watching TV3's 9/11 102mins that changed the world.

I know this is After Hours but I am very suprised that there isn't a thread here already about it. I have also realised that the world has moved on, but watching this show has brought all the horror of it back.

It seems that many of the boardsies were very young at the time, But my feelings tonight are "Even though our country is shiv sometimes, aren't we lucky to be alive!"

What happened on 9/11 2001 was horrific and may all those poor people Rest in Peace.

I realise people here may take the piss, but I honestly felt moved to say something. My thoughts tonight are with all the victims and their families.

What exactly did you speak about? Did you call him a capricious, cruel motha****a for allowing it to happen in the first place? Did it go something like this:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Liam, your post is ridiculous!

Where did i say that any other innocent lives were not taken? What are you even talking about?

My reply was to a poster who said that the people who were killed on 9/11 WERE NOT innocent.

Please try harder!

They commented that the terrorists targetted the financial and administrative centres, which is at least partially true.

Not saying I agree with the terrorists tactics.

But the Americans and Brits bombed an entire city, lying about WMDs and basically lying about Iraq being involved in 9/11.

So it's pretty clear who was worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Einhard wrote: »
    What exactly did you speak about? Did you call him a capricious, cruel motha****a for allowing it to happen in the first place? Did it go something like this:

very good.... but eh no.
    If you read my posts I've already said what I said to him! :D

I do believe it, the footage is sketchy in all fairness but people claim to have seen the plane approaching, and some debris was found.. I've no reason not to believe it
    I, for one, saw live on the television, the second plane fly toward the tower and hit it.

But i'm sure there's some sort of silly C Theory to contest this. Maybe i had been abducted by aliens? Or i am part of the conspiracy but my memory has been wiped so i don't recall?

There is a whole conspiracy theory which suggests that there were no planes involved in any of it. I think it's dangerous for those sort of ideas to exist, not just for the people that blindly accept them but for everyone. Shit like that makes people dismiss every other possibility that things aren't what they seem to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

:)

I didn't pray.. I said "Oh Dear God!" out loud in my own house!
    Foxinsox's neighbours: "Fcukin hell, there she goes again.First 2001, and now this!!!"

BTW, God's a man. Invent yisser own fake almighty one if you's want a chick.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    They commented that the terrorists targetted the financial and administrative centres, which is at least partially true.

Not saying I agree with the terrorists tactics.

But the Americans and Brits bombed an entire city, lying about WMDs and basically lying about Iraq being involved in 9/11.

So it's pretty clear who was worse.

If you had bothered reading, you would have seen that the poster said the terrorists never set out to kill innocent people, which i disagreed with.

And the above is your opinion. One which i never refuted.

Nothing i said in MY post was contrary to any of this.......... so why did you quote me?

I, nor did the poster i quoted, mentioned Baghdad, Iraq, or anything other than whether or not the targets of that attack were innocent.

Again, please try harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

davyjose wrote: »
    The obliteration of Baghdad was shown on TV too -- will you be speaking to God on the 20th of March 2013?

Don't leave Him hanging. i'm sure He'll be beside himself with anticipation.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Yeah, because the World Trade Centre was ull of evil murdering soldiers :rolleyes:
    no, it was full of stockbrokers, and they don't look so innocent now after sending the world economy down the toilet.

not saying they all deserved to die screaming in a massive fireball, but who says everyone in there was innocent? who's to say there wasn't a secret serial killers convention visiting the WTC that day who got wiped out as well?

And you believe that?

No, we believe you.

vibe666 wrote: »
    no, it was full of stockbrokers, and they don't look so innocent now after sending the world economy down the toilet.

not saying they all deserved to die screaming in a massive fireball, but who says everyone in there was innocent? who's to say there wasn't a secret serial killers convention visiting the WTC that day who got wiped out as well?

Yeah, you're right. Because there's a tiny chance that there was a few evil people in that building, it's ok to kill 3000 people!

Is that you Dubya?

I do believe it, the footage is sketchy in all fairness but people claim to have seen the plane approaching, and some debris was found.. I've no reason not to believe it

If there's one conspiracy I believe, it's that the pentagon was not hit. i mean, c'mon, was the centrepoint of the most powerful nation on earth's defense system asleep? Was it Phil from accounts's last day and they were all having tea and cakes at his desk?

At no point in the last 30 years could anyone have successfully flown a plane into that place, let alone just after two planes had flown into the centre of New York city?

It makes me veeeerry suspicious.

• Advertisement

storm2811 wrote: »
    :confused:

<Pat on the head>

Einhard wrote: »

very good.... but eh no.
    If you read my posts I've already said what I said to him! :D

Awwww c'mon tell me!

Seriously, I read through this whole feckin thread and haven't seen it and I don't want to have to trawl through the whole thing again!! I'll even tell you what God says when he talks to Me!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

<Pat on the head>

Cheers.:pac:

Really though I'm a bit lost and asleep here..

If there's one conspiracy I believe, it's that the pentagon was not hit. i mean, c'mon, was the centrepoint of the most powerful nation on earth's defense system asleep? Was it Phil from accounts's last day and they were all having tea and cakes at his desk?

At no point in the last 30 years could anyone have successfully flown a plane into that place, let alone just after two planes had flown into the centre of New York city?

It makes me veeeerry suspicious.

So what happened to the actual plane and the people on board? It was tracked on radar wasn't it? :confused:

Surely the fact that a conglomeration of the best intelligence agencies in the world failed to notice an obvious money trail and that there were a number of people on watch-lists; living and learning to fly planes in the US at a time where they were on relatively high alert; is more plausible fodder for conspiracy?

So what happened to the actual plane and the people on board? It was tracked on radar wasn't it? :confused:

Surely the fact that a conglomeration of the best intelligence agencies in the world failed to notice an obvious money trail and that there were a number of people on watch-lists; living and learning to fly planes in the US at a time where they were on relatively high alert; is more plausible fodder for conspiracy?

They were all in on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Not only do I believe it, I also know it to be true.
    I was in the Pentagon that day. I saw the plane coming in. I saw the damage first hand.

Yes, that's right. I witnessed that plane crashing first hand.

Cruise missiles do not have huge wings and engines on those wings.
    I can tell the difference between a missile and a plane.

These conspiracy theories sicken me, and they dishonour the people who died that day.
    This is the first time I've spoen of it. I'm just too pissed off at this stage to stay silent on the truth. The real truth.

Terry wrote: »
    I was in the Pentagon that day. I saw the plane coming in. I saw the damage first hand.

These conspiracy theories sicken me, and they dishonour the people who died that day.
    This is the first time I've spoen of it. I'm just too pissed off at this stage to stay silent on the truth. The real truth.

Terry, while you're in Truth-Mode, how much did the US Govt. pay you to say this?

Or, how much did it cost you to have your brain reprogrammed after these false memories were implanted into your brain?

Or......... i can't think of any other stupid CTs!

Terry wrote: »

So how are the spooks paying you Terry?!

EDIT: And how much did MrStuffins pay you to slot his post in before mine?!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

This thread is gone completely off topic but i dont want to alarm anyone but their is no easy way of saying this...

I skoke to Allah !!!! after 9/11 he told me the Bush Administeration would seek revenge & they did... Many thousands of Innocent civilians would die in Iraq & Afghanistan but thats what you get for pissing off the Americans :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Advertisement