Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone want a free dry needling session?

• 30-03-2015 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

I've just finished my course. But I want extra practice before I start charging the general public. It will be one session roughly 20 minutes on a particular injury/body part.

If your interested let me know and we can arrange something.

I'l have to limit this to about 20 people, given time constraints etc so first come first serve.

Based in North Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

eh, you what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Is this where someone makes smart remarks about you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

el tel wrote: »
    eh, you what?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_needling

Very good but very sore. Had it done 4 times last year on a major calf problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_needling

Very good but very sore. Had it done 4 times last year on a major calf problem.

Never heard of taht before! I once subjected myself to a TENS study for £10, but I'd stop short of getting needles stuck into me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

had dry needling done on a grade 2 calf tear a few years back, i was howling like a dog throughout, but the results were impressive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

had dry needling done on a grade 2 calf tear a few years back, i was howling like a dog throughout, but the results were impressive

Haha yeah I called the dry needler every name under the sun. Luckily he was a friend of mine and very understanding. Same here........results were very impressive......I was at my wits end with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

as it happens, on my last dry needling appointment my physio suggested i take up cycling and the rest is history. calf problems no more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭macbane66

find dry needling class, its the business for releasing sore / stiff muscles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

There are different methods. One is called fishing where they jab about the muscle with the needle looking for a trigger point. My preferred method is to send a slight electrical current through the muscle which has pretty much the same effect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I've had this done and it wasn't the least bit sore in my experience.

Probably not going to head to North Dublin though OP, thanks though. Just wanted to encourage others.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I've had it done 4 times recently on my IT band. It's hellish.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

Not a chance haha It's not really painful but more really uncomfortable that it makes the hairs on the neck stand even thinking about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Whereabouts in North Dublin? (how many kms from the O'Connell Bridge)

I'd be interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I had it for handle bar palsy a few years back, not too bad. And I hate needles.

Bit more uncomfortable than anything. After a few weeks of the course, the physio started using longer needles which I didn't like. She showed me the ones for treating hamstrings:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

joker77 wrote: »
    Whereabouts in North Dublin? (how many kms from the O'Connell Bridge)

I'd be interested

Im out in Santry or glasnevin. Looking at about 3km from O'Connell bridge! ( that's the house in glasnevin anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

thehamo wrote: »
    Im out in Santry or glasnevin. Looking at about 3km from O'Connell bridge! ( that's the house in glasnevin anyway)
    That's grand, will send you a PM

Advertisement