Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dungarvan

• 26-03-2015 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭

Anybody heading to dungarvan Sunday racing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

Was hoping to but couldn't get a pass.

I see they are capping numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

daragh_ wrote: »
    Was hoping to but couldn't get a pass.

I see they are capping numbers.

Yea see that have to drive 2hrs to b there for 9 to make sure get signed on then wait until 12 to race I suspect big numbers with balbriggan gone

Online pre-reg would save everyone a lot of hassle TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Plastik

Where did you see info about capping, what are the limits?

Plastik wrote: »

On the dcc facebook page and there website

• Advertisement

Think 130 A4 not sure on the other categories

https://www.facebook.com/events/1544204799166627/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Nope can't find any capping number on there. Where abouts is this info?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Anyone got a Strava link for this? Is it flat or hilly or what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Anyone got a Strava link for this? Is it flat or hilly or what?

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/635283910

Uphill finish

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

ford2600 wrote: »

nice 4/5k drag up Col de Colligan on each lap, want the climbing legs on, descent through Millstreet is fast and furious, made for breakaways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭Hi Ho

"Sign on early from 9am" for a 12.15 race!
    In fairness, using the on-line option would save a lot of unnecessary very early rising for people travelling a distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭upthe19th

It's an early start for a later race in fairness. Online would have been way handier. Would not fancy being number 131 in the queue after a long journey there.

That said, I told one of the boys I'd eat my front wheel if there was over 130 A4's. Could be eating it yet, but to be honest I'd settle for not ending up eating someone's back wheel;)....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

upthe19th wrote: »
    It's an early start for a later race in fairness. Online would have been way handier. Would not fancy being number 131 in the queue after a long journey there.

That said, I told one of the boys I'd eat my front wheel if there was over 130 A4's. Could be eating it yet, but to be honest I'd settle for not ending up eating someone's back wheel;)....

Even with Balbriggan not running I highly doubt there will be anywhere near 130 A4 riders turning up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Andalucia wrote: »
    nice 4/5k drag up Col de Colligan on each lap, want the climbing legs on, descent through Millstreet is fast and furious, made for breakaways!

What speeds are we talking about for fast? I remember doing 75kph in Carlow last week down one of the descents. Similar speeds here?

Amprodude wrote: »
    What speeds are we talking about for fast? I remember doing 75kph in Carlow last week down one of the descents. Similar speeds here?

it won't be quite that fast but given its down a narrow road that twists and turns, it will feel fast. I 'd say 60kph Max in places down mill street.its not a total all out descent

Andalucia wrote: »
    it won't be quite that fast but given its down a narrow road that twists and turns, it will feel fast. I 'd say 60kph Max in places down mill street.its not a total all out descent

I was getting nervous at 75kph with A4's near my side. Normally I love descending but not in an A4 bunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭J Madone

The other A4s were thinking the same Im sure

J Madone wrote: »
    The other A4s were thinking the same Im sure

Yeah it can be scary, nobody trusts nobody in those situations. One mistake by anyone and it could take down a huge part of the bunch at high speed. At that speed I don't want to imagine falling off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭RockWerchter

Go to the front on the decent, it's free speed and will take pretty much no effort. Sitting in the bunch on the brakes makes no sense. If you're on the havier end of the average it's no effort (not a dig, I'm 80kg).

Go to the front on the decent, it's free speed and will take pretty much no effort. Sitting in the bunch on the brakes makes no sense. If you're on the havier end of the average it's no effort (not a dig, I'm 80kg).

I'm a fat bast@rd too at 72kg :-D

I'm a fat bast@rd too at 72kg :-D

wind howling Some gale right now.once its at your back it will be alright.some sufferfest if its against you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭pprendeville

any results?

Mckenna won the A1 from Murray, break of 4 away from the gun, quickly whittled down to 3, they were some distance clear of the remainder, groups fairly broken up in the road

Not sure of A3, but breakaway won it - A4 bunch sprint finish, crash in last 400m, some talk of a leader in A4 missing the last left when clear of the group, ferocious wind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

Great day of racing so it was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Rode the A4 race today, some pretty severe side winds going along the top of the lap to the 1st hairpin, surface like cobbles along the section from there to the main road. Speed along the main road in the bunch on both laps with a tail wind was absolutely savage!!
    Saw but managed to avoid the crash at the end thankfully, hope those who came down are ok. Finished about 30th maybe, at a push:)

Mugser wrote: »
    Rode the A4 race today, some pretty severe side winds going along the top of the lap to the 1st hairpin, surface like cobbles along the section from there to the main road. Speed along the main road in the bunch on both laps with a tail wind was absolutely savage!!
    Saw but managed to avoid the crash at the end thankfully, hope those who came down are ok. Finished about 30th maybe, at a push:)

How many raced the a4 after do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

How many raced the a4 after do you think?

Ptttf, was maybe 80 or so at the start. Pure guess that now.

• Advertisement

some tailwind alright into the Master McGrath monument, that McKenna is some powerhouse, didn't realise he is so tall, no shortage of watts

Mugser wrote: »

I wonder what happened there? Just missed it myself. Lads fell all over the wrong side of the road. It was on a climb thankfully so hopefully nothing to serious. Speed on the main road was just mental, any mishap there would have been painful.

inc21 wrote: »
    I wonder what happened there? Just missed it myself. Lads fell all over the wrong side of the road. It was on a climb thankfully so hopefully nothing to serious. Speed on the main road was just mental, any mishap there would have been painful.

The A4s were going over 60km/h on that straight. Wind was hard today, caught my bike a few times and I nearly lost my balance. There was a breakaway on the first lap, I think there could have been 6-7 riders, they were caught after a while but stayed away for a long time. I was taken down in the crash at the finish. Shocked but I'm ok, a rider fell into me and I came down. Wasn't my fault so nothing I could do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Does anyone who rode in the A4 bunch yesterday have a Strava link I could look at?

outfox wrote: »
    Does anyone who rode in the A4 bunch yesterday have a Strava link I could look at?

I don't but we averaged about 37km/h.

outfox wrote: »

First bunch.
    https://app.strava.com/activities/275957306

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Thanks inc21. I got dropped by the first bunch on the climb, got back on, and got dropped again. I just wanted to see what the pace of the bunch was. 'Twas my first race.

I don't but we averaged about 37km/h.

Well not one that you're willing to share :p You still marking all your spins as private to hide them from your club mates?

Well not one that you're willing to share :p You still marking all your spins as private to hide them from your club mates?

Didn't have anything compatible that works with strava. I have a very basic bike computer. I came down on final climb so why would you be interested in my race profile? I'm not hiding that. If you passed you should know.

Didn't have anything compatible that works with strava. I have a very basic bike computer. I came down on final climb so why would you be interested in my race profile? I'm not hiding that. If you passed you should know.

I'm no way interested just remember you saying on here before that you were going to mark your spins as private on strava as you didn't want your club mates knowing what you were doing. But now your saying that your bike computer doesn't work with strava but just a little confusing :D

I'm no way interested just remember you saying on here before that you were going to mark your spins as private on strava as you didn't want your club mates knowing what you were doing. But now your saying that your bike computer doesn't work with strava but just a little confusing :D

There is always a catch :D I am now generous and getting on famous with them. Plenty of our club racing last day. They know all about me. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Q. Anyone know where the sign-on is this year ?
    I see modeligo community centre is mentioned, a gooogly search says this is 12km from start/finish line, am I correct ?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

Q. Anyone know where the sign-on is this year ?
    I see modeligo community centre is mentioned, a gooogly search says this is 12km from start/finish line, am I correct ?

The start/finish also in Modelligo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Is the finish not up colligan R672 ? and modelligo on the other road R671 ?

From Dungarvan CC Facebook page

"All roads lead to Modeligo on Sunday next for the annual running of our open races. It’s the highlight of our year and a chance to showcase our club and the great roads and scenery we have in the area. This year has a new race HQ at Modeligo Community Centre and a new start/finish line outside Modeligo school. Sign on will open at 9am and senior racing gets underway at 12 midday with the main race the A1/2 race. This race sponsored by CycleSports bike shop for the O Doherty cup is over 3 laps of the Millstreet circuit, 107km’s. Last year’s winner Stephen Murray of Velorevoluton will be back to defend his title. The A3/Junior race sponsored by RTS heating and cooling systems will also be over 3 laps of the circuit. Last year’s race was won by Cathal Purcell of Carrick Wheelers. The A4 race sponsored by Bob Troy And Co cycle and lawnmower shop will be over 2 laps of the circuit for 71km’s of racing. Last year’s race was won by our own George MacLeod who won’t be defending his title as he was upgraded to A3 recently. The ladies race will cover 2 laps also and is round 2 of the Ladies Munster league. Last year’s winner was Emma Walsh. There will also be underage racing commencing at 10am. Under 12’s start at Ballinamult and race 8km’s, U14’s start at Master McGrath and race 24km’s and U16’s start in Modeligo and race a full lap of 35.5km’s. We are expecting big numbers for all the races and there will be big numbers of DCC members racing keen to perform on local roads. So if you’re in the area and want to see some of the best riders in the country racing why not head out to Modeligo or any part of the circuit and enjoy the action. All we need now is the weather Gods to look favorably on us!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

same circuit ass previous years, just different start finish line this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

Is that a hill finish then or flat ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Looking forward to being dropped up Coligan second time tmrw...Don't think this race will be like my first two for some reason.

dahat wrote: »
    Looking forward to being dropped up Coligan second time tmrw...Don't think this race will be like my first two for some reason.

Going doing Dungarvan myself tomorrow. Was one of the first races i did last year so looking forward to comparing efforts afterwards. Hopefully the legs will come along tomorrow not like the first two races so far this year!!!

finish will be very interesting tomorrow, could be carnage coming round that bend in Millstreet with everyone looking for position if its a sprint finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Going doing Dungarvan myself tomorrow. Was one of the first races i did last year so looking forward to comparing efforts afterwards. Hopefully the legs will come along tomorrow not like the first two races so far this year!!!

Looks like it will be a super day with an east wind which should be a factor at the business end if I'm correct.
    Hopefully a good safe race and anything after that is a bonus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement