Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Civil Defence

Options
  • 14-01-2011 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Anyone here a member of the Limerick Civil Defence? I'm considering joining with a friend of mine.....any info about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

My mam is in welfare, and so are a lot of her friends; So I was involved at a young age throughout my childhood, however when I wanted to join for myself she said she wouldn't recommend it anymore, its after going to the dogs (That was her and her friends opinions) and to try Red Cross/Johns/Malta instead, and they there for 20 years+.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

crap i applied to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

My mam is in welfare, and so are a lot of her friends; So I was involved at a young age throughout my childhood, however when I wanted to join for myself she said she wouldn't recommend it anymore, its after going to the dogs (That was her and her friends opinions) and to try Red Cross/Johns/Malta instead, and they there for 20 years+.

Thanks for the reply! I'm wouldn't really be in the red cross or johns cause the're first aid based and I was plannin on joining the cival defence for the river rescue/ search and rescue side of it! What about the Limerick marine search and rescue? Anyone know anything about that? I'm big into sailing and anything water based so I wouldn't mind getting involved in that!

I dont think you would get into the Limerick Search and REscue, alot of them are paramedics and firemen.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Janet1986

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Cant find a link but deffo read online or in paper that they werent taking any new members
    Also the search and rescue is very hard to get involved with,i know person who tried and said its a closed shop/clique

bigpink wrote: »
    Cant find a link but deffo read online or in paper that they werent taking any new members
    Also the search and rescue is very hard to get involved with,i know person who tried and said its a closed shop/clique

They had a recruitment open night in December and are Garda vetting the new applicants so do not know where you DEFFO read that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

If you want to join contact Cecilia O Flaherty.She is the Civil Defence Officer in Limerick.

Phone: (061) 316 107
    Fax: (061) 313 292
    email: coflaherty@limerickcity.ie

Opening hours: 09:00 to 13:00 and 14:10 to 17:00 Monday to Friday

Address: Civil Defence
    Fire Station,
    Mulgrave Street,
    Limerick

Advertisement