Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re c#

Options
  • 31-05-2007 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering the other day about how building the persistance tier in .NET compares with the same task in Java. Seeing there are alot of .Net experts here I'm posting the question.

Over the years within Java there has been numerous frameworks like Toplink, Hibernate which I am most familiar with and Ibatis which seems to work very well with XML data. With EJB 3.0 there is the overhauled Java Persistence API which has taken many of the ideas from other ORM frameworks on board.

Anyway, my question is how this is handled in .NET. For instance do languages like c# have native data structures or functionality that makes it easier to persist data to a RDBMS. I see on the hibernate site that there is an initiative to port Hibernate to .NET but I would have thought this would have happened sooner if there was a real need.

I would like to learn C# when I reach a sufficient level of expertise in EJB 3 but for now would like to know from an Enterprise Architecture point of view.

Comments

Advertisement