Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for plays

Options
  • 25-01-2015 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the fight forum - if it's not, mods please move.

Basically, I've been doing some research into some family members. It turns out that one of them wrote two plays (I think). The one that I'm sure they wrote is:

Prelude to victory , Joseph Brady, 1950, James Duffy and Co, Dublin. <- I know that it was performed for a week in dublin in 1951 and was put on by the Anti-Partition Association.

The second one is a bit more dubious. It is:

Won by whisker, Joseph Brady, 1945, Rapid Printing, Dublin.

I W's wondering if anybody might have a copy of either of these plays that they might be willing to part with. Alternatively, if they knew of anywhere that might be selling the plays, I would be very grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LughOByrne

Hi,

I was searching for any info on Joe Brady when your post on boards.ie popped up.

The post is there a long time, so maybe you have got copies now. However...

I have a large collection of 20th Century Irish plays, including Prelude to Victory

and Won by a Whisker. I would not be prepared to part with them but would be

glad to provide you with photocopies. (Prelude in particular is in poor condition.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Do you have an online Libraries Ireland account? Because searching there I can see that the Dublin and Irish Local Studies Collection has copies of both, you could borrow them

Advertisement