Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Million pound drop

• 23-08-2014 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

Tonight on the Million Pound Drop three guys were on with one girl in a kind of blind date , they ended the show with 75k left, now I got next week's RTE guide and for next Friday they have got the three guys and the girl Amanda left with 75k, I thought this show was live and how did RTE publish the outcome of a show a week ahead of transmission

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ekimiam

live on channel 4, rte buys it cheep after.
    what a load of rubbish. i would prefer to claw my eyes out than spend an hour listening to darina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭brian_t

2014 changes

This is also the first regular series to be pre-recorded due to time constraints.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Million_Pound_Drop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

ekimiam wrote: »
    what a load of rubbish. i would prefer to claw my eyes out than spend an hour listening to darina

It's not live on Channel 4 this series. And it has never been on RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

ekimiam wrote: »

Darina Allen hosts a live hour-long show on Channel 4?

How come I haven't heard about it? And surely she's not as well known on the other side of the Irish Sea as her daughter-in-law?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :o:o:o:D:D:D:D:D:D

It's probably fair to say that, after four years, just about all the novelties of the Million Pound Drop have worn off.

So, as well as making the show pre-recorded, the producers have attempted to inject new life into the format by reducing the number of questions from eight to seven, allowing up to four contestants to play (when beforehand it was almost always two) and coming up with some so-called 'surprise' teams (like pairing a civilian with a celebrity).

But it's not selling to other countries as much as it did during its first year or so. And the full million will almost certainly never be won at this stage.

Davina looks as fabulous as ever, though. :o:);)

Bumping this thread to say that it looks like the Drop has been dropped.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/million-pound-drop-channel-4-drops-primetime-quiz-show-a6918666.html

Ah, well. Fun while it lasted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Bumping this thread to say that it looks like the Drop has been dropped.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/million-pound-drop-channel-4-drops-primetime-quiz-show-a6918666.html

Ah, well. Fun while it lasted.

The idea wasn't bad, don't know how they chose the contestants but on the whole they were pretty obnoxious. Loud and Zany were probably a couple of the words they were looking for on the application. I'm not a fan of Davina McCall either though tbh.

The idea wasn't bad, don't know how they chose the contestants but on the whole they were pretty obnoxious. Loud and Zany were probably a couple of the words they were looking for on the application. I'm not a fan of Davina McCall either though tbh.

The contestants were chosen based on their age and personality - almost all of them were aged between 18 and 40, almost all of them were at least mildly excitable, and almost none of them had a knowledge that would get them very far on Mastermind. :o :rolleyes: ;)

The only mature contestants I saw were parents of celebrities - Larry Lamb playing alongside George, and Michael Whitehall alongside Jack.

And love her or hate her, one cannot deny that MPD wouldn't have been the same without Davina... :o:D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Times must be hard at Channel 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I think that's a good move for Channel 4.

With Deal or No Deal gone and Countdown now getting tiny ratings this could be a solid daytime performer.

I think people will get over the name change and jackpot reduction soon enough.

• Advertisement

Still a shame Channel 4 didn't put more faith in Five Minutes to a Fortune, though:

http://www.ukgameshows.com/ukgs/Five_Minutes_to_a_Fortune

Still a shame Channel 4 didn't put more faith in Five Minutes to a Fortune, though:

http://www.ukgameshows.com/ukgs/Five_Minutes_to_a_Fortune
    I'd guess they were worried that a couple of decent contestants (non-scatterbrains) would clear them out pretty sharpish.

Advertisement