Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Why it's better to be a man than a woman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

And whatever the other arguments, women still win because no-one can force parenthood upon us.

Sure we can, [/wink/]"yeh i'm wearing a condom"[/wink/] or the favourite "i'm sure it didn't burst"
    Oh and as for the sex with anyone we want...you obviously haven't seen my peach of an ass!

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

taconnol wrote: »
    I love the way AH's reaction to a thread on feminism is to have a thread about why men are better than women. Can you say 'insecure'?

No, but i can say 'taking the piss'. Relax, sweetcheeks....

And another reason it's better to be a man, you can oppress the shít out of women everywhere by doing nothing. Simply by being a man you can oppress billions of people.
    Now if that's not power, i don't know what is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

And another reason it's better to be a man, you can oppress the shít out of women everywhere by doing nothing. Simply by being a man you can oppress billions of people.
    click:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

how has nobody yet said "multiple orgasms". i rest my case for the ladies :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

rb_ie wrote: »
    Jesus, how has this thread ran for so long without Dudess coming in, waving her burning bra at us and going on about girl power more than the f*cking spice girls?!
    Oi! Read my comments on the feminism thread - you'll see I'm not like that at all! I think it's a lot of women who make life difficult for other women, yet men get blamed. I was unpopular in the Ladies' Lounge for a while because of taking an anti-bint stance.
    Ooh, I've a good example.

Ever hear a guy go "Well they don't actually look like that, that picture has clearly been photoshopped as much as possible, that's not what a real man looks like" regarding a picture of a male model/advertisement? I haven't, yet every single insecure woman will belt it out any time a few guys comment on a model being hot or something. Therefore, we're a lot more secure in ourselves in general. I'd hate to find myself getting jealous of such crap as easily as a woman does.
    Yeah, I despise that sh1t.
    irishbird wrote: »
    Men are not frowned upon for not being all pink and fluffy
    And that. But I just avoid people who expect women to be pink and fluffy.
    and crying at the drop of a hat.
    Nothing wrong with not crying easily... unless it's a deliberate decision to refuse to express one's emotions in a bid to appear "tough" all the time.
    Men can speak their mind without being called a bit.ch
    Yep, very true. Although there's speaking one's mind and actually being a nasty bitch.
    Men are not expected to like sex in the city
    Sex & the City is entertaining-ish. Anyone who treats it as their "bible" though is actually dumb.
    back to FAS girl eh? :)
    I think Fas Girl's hot, but I noticed in one lingerie pic that she had little to no boobs. And then it struck me that she wears high-necked, modest tops in all the big boobed pics so I speculated as to whether it was just padding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

I cant cry.:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Hey, look. It's OK to admit you're a bit insecure as a man. You're among friends.

But in fairness, in the long run, I think women have it best:

Life expectancy in Ireland
    Men: 75.44 years
    Women: 80.88 years

Hey, look. It's OK to admit you're a bit insecure as a man. You're among friends.

Great, an extra 5 years smelling of turnips and pee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,027 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Jigsaw wrote: »
    Men have clear heads in pressure situations whereas women are prone to bouts of irrationality.

Indeed.

Also, we can pee standing up, and aim our pee, and we can save people from jellyfish stings with our pee. and the last thing we have to worry about during sex is pee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

Yeah multiple orgasms - you poor guys, it's all over so fast...:cool:

planetX wrote: »

Exactly,, Three pumps and a squirt.
    Then a nice sleep.

Aye, 5 more years of being in a bleak, depressing nursing home and having a mind so addled that you can't even remember the faces of the selfish offspring that put you in the godforsaken home in the first place?

Ohhh women, how i envy thee.......

planetX wrote: »

Yeah - thats the little comfort you get before going through labour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭barclay2

Men get to have sex with women. Women have to have sex with fat smelly men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Im glad to be a man for 2 simple reasons.

I dont get pms.
    i get paid more for doing the same job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

snyper wrote: »
    I dont get pms.
    Not even from people telling you how much they dislike you?

i get paid more for doing the same job

is that not against employment and equality laws?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

The_B_Man wrote: »
    2)You can go to the bathroom without a support group.

never understood that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Aye, 5 more years of being in a bleak, depressing nursing home and having a mind so addled that you can't even remember the faces of the selfish offspring that put you in the godforsaken home in the first place?

Ohhh women, how i envy thee.......

Wow that's a lot of negativity, thelordofcheese. Fortunately dementia and the like don't run in my family so I plan on spending my final days on a beach somwhere in the caribbean reading all those books I meant to, drinking cocktails and eating whatever the hell I want. Good times.

I bet if I offered you 5 more years on your deathbed, you'd take it.

Anyway point is - this is a stupid thread. I'm off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Anyway point is - this is a stupid thread. I'm off.

lololol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

Oh and just to add, this thread reminds me of when I was about seven in primary school where we'd have "Girls are better than boys!" arguments........sad really. I don't get moody once a month either. I am envious about the whole peeing standing up thing though. The reason we don't pee outside [though it's entirely legal for us to do so, is that it's too hard to aim, especially if you've a couple of vodkas in you. You only end up piddling on the side of your leg....... though don't men find those "golden shower" things hot?HA]

Girls can wear skirts or trousers and be sexy in both. Men in skirts - ehhhhhh no. Not even kilts!

The whole men-not-getting-pregnant thing also rattles my cage; they can just dip the wick and that's it. Left up to the woman to deal with the consequences should there be any!

Men think lesbians are hot, when in fact they're not. Bisexual women are hot. Lesbian women are butch and manly.

Men are "better" [note the quotation marks] than women as they can fling on a pair of jeans and a shirt, slick a bit of gel on the hair and away they go to the pub. Women feel uneasy wearing the same top out twice in case someone realises they wore it before. [Not me, I always wear the same clothes!]

Damn, I was supposed to be turning this around into why men AREN'T better than women, guess I kinda failed eh..... in parts!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭yummycake

4. We can drink more.

Women do have it better. We can get drunk etc. easier, saving money. (although I don't drink so this doesn't apply to me!!)
    Women in general get away with allot more especially getting into pubs/clubs.
    We don't have to go looking for a guy on a night out, they come to us and all we have to do is take our pick!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    We can have sex with as many woman as we can and be called a legand not a slut!!

Nice one! :D

LouOB wrote: »
    female/male
    its all about confidence really

*but could a guy get off work for 6mths PAID leave by employer and enforced by government? goodnight, thank you and goodbye

Yeah but men dont have to sit around all day watching Jeremy kyle and Feed & Change nappys :D

Pighead wrote: »
    Not even from people telling you how much they dislike you?

Have to say snyper does not seem to get that an awful lot, however if snyper was to get pms from all the times he was told he was disliked, im pretty sure pighead must have Aids by now. ;)

sam34 wrote: »
    is that not against employment and equality laws?

it is, but i can give examples, where ive seen it clearly in the private sector

jaysus thats crap. i know i give out about the hse but sometimes you'd be glad of them....

Girls have cooties. Guys don't. We win.

Also as we get older, gravity doesn't get the better of us.

Burn

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

someone get this man a pint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Girls are smelly

Dolorous wrote: »
    Girls are smelly

<_<
    >_>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭DD

Im glad to be
    paid more for doing the same job
    It's the funniest thing I have heard in a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet if I offered you 5 more years on your deathbed, you'd take it.

get thee behind me, satan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

The whole men-not-getting-pregnant thing also rattles my cage; they can just dip the wick and that's it. Left up to the woman to deal with the consequences should there be any!

Why is it that NEARLY every woman I hear talk about this fails to note that IT'S ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR POWER TO NOT GET PREGNANT FROM SEX.
    Men are "better" [note the quotation marks] than women as they can fling on a pair of jeans and a shirt, slick a bit of gel on the hair and away they go to the pub. Women feel uneasy wearing the same top out twice in case someone realises they wore it before. [Not me, I always wear the same clothes!]

I dunno if that makes us better...smarter yes....which i guess makes us better. So it turns out that I do know! The ability to be totally comfortable in whatever's nearest to hand makes us better!

Yayyyyyy!!!

i'm so glad someone cleared that up for me.

Why is it that NEARLY every woman I hear talk about this fails to note that IT'S ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR POWER TO NOT GET PREGNANT FROM SEX.
    Accidents happen though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Dudess wrote: »
    Oi! Read my comments on the feminism thread - you'll see I'm not like that at all! I think it's a lot of women who make life difficult for other women, yet men get blamed. I was unpopular in the Ladies' Lounge for a while because of taking an anti-bint stance.

Ah ha. Yeah I'd fully agree though, there's some women out there who really aren't helping the rest of ye with their carry on. Best off distancing yourself from them tbh. My girlfriend fully distances herself from feminists anyway and has not a good word to say about them.
    Dudess wrote:
    Yeah, I despise that sh1t.

Lol, guess ya don't fit in too well in TLL so ;)
    Dudess wrote:
    And that. But I just avoid people who expect women to be pink and fluffy.

I'd rather a pink and fluffy bird over a scanda jacket wearing rough bird any day tbh :D
    Dudess wrote:
    Nothing wrong with not crying easily... unless it's a deliberate decision to refuse to express one's emotions in a bid to appear "tough" all the time.

I've yet to meet a girl who fits that description, thankfully most aren't the type to start crying over literally anything though (particularly when something doesn't go their way).

Dudess wrote:
    Sex & the City is entertaining-ish. Anyone who treats it as their "bible" though is actually dumb.

I never want to meet such a person tbh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

you can understand how things work, and can fix them

you know more about cars than what colour it is

you can parallel park

when you have a car crash it's a proper one and not just paint scratches

grey hair is no biggie

one disadvantage, male mountaineers and polar explorers have one extra extremity that is susceptible to frostbite :(

Ah ha. Yeah I'd fully agree though, there's some women out there who really aren't helping the rest of ye with their carry on. Best off distancing yourself from them tbh. My girlfriend fully distances herself from feminists anyway and has not a good word to say about them.
    Well no, I don't have a problem with moderate feminists (and would classify myself as one): women (and some men) who are simply trying to challenge certain gender stereotypes and certain "rules" and beliefs that are imposed on women. But unfortunately, a lot of said imposing is done by other women - e.g. women saying crap like "she shouldn't be dressed like that at her age" - minor I know, but it's so obnoxious and it kinda sums up a lot of the sexist, ageist crap perpetuated by women themselves. A guy would just think "she's hot for a 45-year-old" or maybe just "she's hot". But with certain women she has to be judged just because she has the "audacity" to wear a short skirt and not be under 35.
    But man-hating does not come into it (a lot of the time I prefer the company of guys to that of girls) and I like to look as good as I possibly can and embrace my femininity, and I love buying clothes, lingerie, make-up, getting my hair done etc.
    I would also be concerned about accepted male stereotypes - I think the way men are depicted in e.g. radio ads (as utter idiots) is appalling.
    And I really don't have time for excessively girly types out of whose mouths the Malibu Stacey catchphrases wouldn't sound amiss. I came across a few of those in The Ladies' Lounge and couldn't resist taking the piss so I had to stay out of the LL for a while. Have to say though, it's improved hugely since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

LOL!!! +1 definatly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭hotredhead

Good Lord,Its never ever better to be a man than a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Chunks

hotredhead wrote: »
    Good Lord,Its never ever better to be a man than a woman.

Care to elaborate on that? Or is that just the extent of your argument?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Ehhhhhhhh has anyone mentioned NO PERIODS AND BLEEDING FOR FIVE DAYS yet??!!!

There are ways around that one too! :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Never having to read on the cover of a man's magazine "how to have an orgasm". Kinda redundant for us. :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

ScumLord wrote: »
    This may be completely unrelated but I was just wondering how long a lactating woman could survive in the desert drinking her own milk? Along the lines of people drinking their own wee.

Would it be handy to have a lactating woman during any lost in the desert scenarios?

Read the last page of John Steinbeck's "The Grapes of Wrath", :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

^^ ^^

this (the quote) is GENIUS !! i nearly fell off the chair with how far out of left field that one came :) maybe theres an x rated version of "lost " where we can find out

in regards to the whole women being againts women thing i have to fess up and say i dont think ive ever heard a guy call a woman a slut that he wasnt dating and had just found out she's sleeping with someone else.

in the main what ive seen is women calling women sluts and slagging off how they dress. whilst ive stated in another thread i like the more smart casual look the very worst reaction ive ever had to a scantilly clad girl is to burst out laughing at it (seriously if you cant sit down in it why are you wearing it :) ). ive never looked down at it.... well unless your meant to and TBH clothes are the last thing on a guys mind :)

personally i put it down the insecurity. blokes NEVER do this

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭barclay2

One advantage women do have is that they don't have to deal with getting awkward erections on public transport.

Guys still win hands down though, for many reasons. E.g. guys get soccer/rugby/gaa as our main sports, women get netball.

barclay2 wrote: »
    One advantage women do have is that they don't have to deal with getting awkward erections on public transport.

Guys still win hands down though, for many reasons. E.g. guys get soccer/rugby/gaa as our main sports, women get netball.

Barcly2, your why I drive a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭buckieburd

It's safe to say that men have nothing to be jealous of women about.[/QUOTE]

We have boobs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

buckieburd wrote: »
    We have boobs!

Which is why you can only play certain sports :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

This thread is gay :pac: